Author Topic: ebay fmic now fitted *more pics added page 5*  (Read 8755 times)

jamie16v

ebay fmic now fitted *more pics added page 5*
« on: 10 April 2010, 22:14 »
here`s what i bought.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190377113885&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
so far i have neatly cut a big chunk out of my crash bar and cut out the middle grill section of my bumper it all looks neat and as though its going to fit nicely. just waiting on my piping kit at the moment but thats going to be the easy bit. will take pics once its all done and give you my opinion if it matters.. bottom line is, yes the bumper and crash bar will need cutting but it`s not all bad.. it looks really neat so far and can`t wait till its plumbed in to see if it makes a difference.
at the end of the day i`m happy already as its cost me just under £200 and some work/learning.
opinions welcome once it`s fitted! :wink:
« Last Edit: 20 April 2010, 22:24 by jamie16v »

Offline turboben

• Here all the time
Re: just started fitting my ebay universial fmic.
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2010, 22:36 »
i just fitted one of those today  :grin:

i now know why people say buy the forge one

i cut my bar out etc then i had to plumb in a pipe for the map sensor which did not fit anywhere then the pipe which came out the top of the turbo had a fitting for recirulating valve but never had a take off for the other pipe then had to cut loads off my bumper and the end grilles wont fit in as the pipes come out to far,but in all fairness i did not take too much time on the bumper as i have a r32 bumper in the sprayers so going to try and get that one to fit better but all in all very cheap

intercooler kit £134
map sensor pipe £34

so just over £160 aint bad at all but i would recomend a r32 bumper as they seem to have more room behind them

anyway good luck fella

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2010, 23:49 »
will be keeping my eye on this on how you progress etc and your comments  :wink:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

jamie16v

« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2010, 23:51 »
where the hell did you find the whole kit for £134?... it wasnt that one that went for £115 second hand was it?..

Offline turboben

• Here all the time
« Last Edit: 11 April 2010, 10:36 by turboben »

Offline BrettGti

• GTI forum regular
  • If in doubt, Flat out.
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2010, 08:18 »
 :evil: Nice one!
Nice to see a people trying a different manufactors, most people sticking with the well named forge one. Looking forward to hearing how it goes, keep us posted mate!

jamie16v

Re: just started fitting my ebay universial fmic. pics added
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2010, 14:45 »
i havent had the pipework deliverd yet but as i have the day off work i thought i would make a start...

so, to make room i started chopping bits out of my crash bar with an angle grinder.... and drilling the two holes for the mounting bolts..

i then trial fitted the bumper to see what needed removing to make it all fit..
i decided that all the middle grill needed to come way and i used the grills edge step as a cutting guide some bits also have to be removed from the side vents to make room for the pipework.
yes, i know things look a little rough at the moment but the detail will come afterwards and most of it wont be seen anyway..

here`s how it looks so far without the pipework, should be arriving on tuesday but wont have time to fit it until friday  :sad:

« Last Edit: 11 April 2010, 19:46 by jamie16v »

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2010, 15:34 »
Looks good. I used an IC nearly double the size of that so my life was made harder :P

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

jamie16v

« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2010, 16:01 »
Looks good. I used an IC nearly double the size of that so my life was made harder :P
i bet it was, this was quite tight, well plenty of room but it would only work where it actually sits.. :tongue:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: just started fitting my ebay universial fmic. *pics added*
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2010, 16:43 »
Looks good will be interested to see how you get on with it :cool:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.