Author Topic: Disc & Pad Recommendations?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline WattMk7.5

• Just got here
  • Mk7.5 White/Silver DSG
Disc & Pad Recommendations?
« on: 24 January 2020, 22:18 »
Due some pads and discs and just wondering what direction to go. Been told to get the Clubsport S discs with the Ferodo DS2500 pads but they hella pricey. Seen some EBC yellow stuff pads and discs for a decent price, anyone running this setup?

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: Disc & Pad Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2020, 22:54 »
Due some pads and discs and just wondering what direction to go. Been told to get the Clubsport S discs with the Ferodo DS2500 pads but they hella pricey. Seen some EBC yellow stuff pads and discs for a decent price, anyone running this setup?

I'm soon to be running Clubsport S discs but with Red Stuff pads. Mainly for the low dust output.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2020, 23:01 »
What are you using your car for? What tyres are you on? Are you running standard suspension?
I’m just using mine on the road on OEM Pirellii’s (19s) and the adaptive dampers and stock springs and have Brembo discs and pads all round and are happy with those. The fronts were £230 - the rears were less but can’t remember how much. The rears need new bolts too.
I’ve used EBC yellow on a different vehicle with their dimpled discs but wasn’t overly impressed.
Hope that helps.
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2020, 07:53 »
If you’re only using the car for daily duty purposes and don’t tend to drive very hard a lot then brembo discs/pads would be fine. I wouldn’t spend too much going with CSS discs etc at extra cost. I’ve never been a big fan of EBC pads and definitely avoid Pagid.

The Ferodo pads are really good though.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2020, 18:28 »
Can't say I've ever thought I need more braking power in the Mk7.5 GTI P. And when I am out, I literally drive it like it's meant to be driven at every opportunity. That said if you are running more power then that's maybe different or doing a lot of track days then guess would make sense.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2020, 18:53 »
Considering a GTi pp has the brakes from the R and weighs a lot less than an R I would have thought the standard set up would be enough. Same as Jim, I've never ever thought that I need better brakes, never had fade, judder or anything untoward.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.