Author Topic: grungeisdead - "project muppet another mk1 joins the flock"  (Read 56468 times)

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
Re: grungeisdead - mk1 misfortune
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2007, 00:28 »
hahahaha aye you and mate are legends :) nice one for taking us to the local supermarket cos me and karl are blonde as f**k and were destined to get lost!

hairdryer on the arches for a bit then a breaker bar inbetween the arch and the tyre for the ultimate pikey arch rolling/merking

the bbq was a beast, i got fully smoked out and also managed to have 4 snosagues evade me on the bbq...

heres a taster of some of the pics, some i cant show cos its a secret for polo show :)

sh!tty repro water pump that made some dodgy noises bar being new, and my new vag water pump. new copper piping, to say the old was f**ked, was an understandment.

attacking an rx8 at looms

hmm wonder why this was scrapped

dirty dub

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2007, 00:33 »
[quote name='DubLass' date='Wednesday 19th September 2007 - 7:51am' post='763772']
Tuesday Pics

Mayo!

Karl, the ledge, gets stuck in

Mani gasket...! No wonder it was blowing

Head off

When Pheebs burst a water pipe in Preston a kind crazy guy stopped and proceeded to Pikey a road side solution,
for the water pipe i 'dont even f_cking need' haha

[/quote]
[quote name='DubLass' date='Wednesday 19th September 2007 - 7:56am' post='763774']
Rick's here!

Whats he looking at?

Saf concentrates..

Inspecting the head

New waterpump vs Old

Walshys here

Off to pick up capri and to gsf!

[/quote]
[quote name='DubLass' date='Wednesday 19th September 2007 - 7:58am' post='763775']
Finally, a gti! wooop - BEFORE

The line up (wide angle lense needed)

[/quote]

[quote name='DubLass' date='Wednesday 19th September 2007 - 7:58am' post='763775']

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2007, 00:35 »
[quote name='DubLass' date='Sunday 23rd September 2007 - 12:55pm' post='767924']

cheeky walshy

brew b!tch

The last one was pure arse

Today i need to sort the stance out woooooooop
[/quote]

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 25 September 2007, 20:57 »
i was thinking it could be a wheel bearing too, I'm pure para about wheel bearings especially on cars that have been stood for a while so i usually change them out of matter of course

anyway had a bit of a busy day today...

cut the old exhaust manifold off the car, it was going to be salvagable but then i just got pissed off *sighs*

twas a right mission trying to get the old manifold out the car once disconnected, had to come out the top of the bay, was comtemplating takign a driveshaft off but i perserved yanking the c**t out and it was done. thankfully it was miles easier to get the new one in from below the car. woot.

cleaned up the block, stuck the new headgasket on then stuck the head on and slightly tightened up the bolts to hold it in place

fitted the new exhaust mani with all new gaskets and nuts, it was a right pain to get the inlet manifold in with the strut brace in place but i perserved again cos i wasnt taking it off.

i had painted up the inlet manifold, water outlet and throttle body in matt black.

did some other stuff too but I'm bored now so cant be arsed going in detail, so my jobs tomorrow

pick up these from vag:-
inlet manifold bolt and washer x 1
throttle body gasket
cold start valve gasket
injector inserts x 4
1/2" drive to 3/8" drive adaptor from motor factors

then tomorrows jobs are

connect ht leads to dizzy
fit cambelt tensioner
torque headbolts up
fit injector inserts
plug fuel injectors in
fit the 2 gaskets (throttle body/cold start valve)
find the jubilee clip for one water hose
connect oil breather hoses/vacuums
connect throttle cable
refit battery

turn over car by hand see if its all good

turn car over, sh!t pants, watch engine explode!

if all is good then i can drive to the garage to get the exhaust fitted with a flexi and then were reet.

couple of pictures

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 08 October 2007, 01:20 »
well waiting for a few things before i can continues progress

steffan rs designs to sell on ebay so i can get on with having money and surviving

got a few things arriving in the post

8v camshaft - to replace the one i merked
shrick baffled oil sump
16v servo/22mm master cylinder
schmidt modernlines in 14x7

when i get all these ill also be fitting

g60 calipers painted black
256mm discs

and selling my 280mm big brake conversion

then one the cars up and running with the new camshaft, ill fit the SS exhaust to the mani with a flexi pipe, and get the car booked in for an mot cos its due on the 16th

another busy crappy month then

gaaaaaaay

anyway once thats done i can continue with finishing off all the odd jobs in the car and get out and about again

yaaaaay

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 31 October 2007, 23:53 »
Well where to begin...

firstly

COCKNUGGETS

ARSEBANDITS

FANNYtwitS

FUDGEPACKERS

CUMQUAT

well. ahem. That pretty much sums up the last few weeks in a nutshell.

Since the manchester leg of pikeytech tnt tour began back on the 19th september, my big gay purple bellend of a car has been off the road.

She was taken off due to a snapped manifold stud, so i thought oh yeh ill fit my new stainless steel manifold now, and you know I'm there ill just change the headgasket too...

hmmm sounds alreet in theory, but bearing in mind I've never done anything like this before and I'm probably like for it go to arse over tit, i thought id do it anyway.

So as you have possibly read in previous entries that i fitted the new exhaust manifold and refitted the head with a new gasket, but in my inabilities to time the car and being a general twit i managed to snap the camshaft...

so whilst waiting for a 2nd std cam to arrive in the post i went a bit mental and on a bit of a spending spree and bought the car lots of presents.

also did loads of bibs and bobs to her while she was off the road

baffled aluminum sump and windage tray
new sump gasket
16v servo
22mm master cylinder
polished ported inlet manifold
ported and polished 1600 head
piper 285 cam
all new gaskets and seals have been fitted where neccessary.

got some pictures as she stands at the minute

jobs left to do before mot

setup static timing - hoppygti and co will be arriving tomorrow hopefully to give me a hand
bleed brakes
get manifold to centre pipe flexi made

then i can mot that son of a beech!!!

more jobs to do

Leaks - Change OS 1/4 light seal, Clean Sunroof draining channels
sunroof - take apart, regrease, refit
Plug for Wiper Hole
1/4 lite seal OS
Oil Cooler Braided Hoses
2 x rear bumper clips / 1 x Front Bumper Black

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 13 November 2007, 00:46 »
well got my car back today, its rather fiesty, didnt manage to really get it back to temp and its a bit of hard work driving it in stop-start traffic but i love the hoe

oh kinda dying on fumes toooooooooooo :o

anyway got a years worth of mot heres what the purple thingy failed on

- rear all position lamps adversely affected by another lamp
- nearside front arb mounting insercure
- offside front arb rubber mountingt bonding detereoated resulting in excessive movement ??? all new poly bushes
- centre exhaust section missing
- horn doesnt function
- CO content excessive
- braking system leaking
- service brake and parking brake both below requirments

got 2 new rear shoes fitted...

total cost 110 quid. I'm rather pleased wooopage

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 22 November 2007, 16:26 »
monday -

took the 280mm brakes off the car as they have now been sold, everything was sweet taking them off bar the fact i cant get the braided hoses out for the life of me from the caliper, so disconnected at the rigid pipe end and ill just have to get new std front brake pipes for the time being as thats all funds will allow

so fitted the brakes on the passenger side, everything was hunky dory, about 15 minutes later and jobs a good un

just need to fit flexi pipe (ordered from gsf)

get round to the drivers side, go to mount the carrier and realise that the mountin holes on the wheel bearing housing have been dethreaded... the housing came part of my 280mm kit and the bracket mounts on the opposite side, negating the need for thread...

BUT they could have f**king left it there, god damn mofos...

would have put the 280mm kit back on but id already disconnected the flexi pipes and didnt fancy bleeding the brakes just to have to do it in 2 days again!!!

so thats where we end today, a brakeless drivers hub...

thursday

well after i posted that i saw a glimmer of sun appear so i shot out to do some work on the car

changed the lower rad hose for a new GSF, note to self, samcos are fully gay dont ever buy them again, so much shorter than the GSF jobbie, no wonder it leaked

gsf price like 2.50 bargaaaaaain

had to tighten up a few of the brake union connections that were going into the t-pieces as they were leaking slighty and fitted a new throttle cable

drivers side  front - now stripped the hub and wheel bearing housing off the car in preparation for a replacement that actually has threaded holes for teh brake carriers... stupid brake factory who gave me the last hubs are complete gayors

so its all looking a bit sparce haha

replacement wheel bearing housing(with hub and wheel bearing) is on route,  i was hoping it would be here today, but i thought i might as well get this job out the way so when it arrives i can build it up in the house and just go outside and bolt everything up in not very long at all...

wooooooop, bit of time not doing uni work is time well spent... now back to the slog :(

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 06 December 2007, 00:39 »
cars up and running again woop, heres some pics from coupla weeks, exhaust fell off somewhere in rochdale another one ordered and just waiting on it now, omp brand new jobbie so job will be a good un

still need to get timing sorted now the cars fully running, then really get it on a rolling road to get it all set up with the new cam in it, but the car sounds like an animal, blew the baffle out of the centre pipe yesterday on the way back on the motorway

got a few more odd jobs to do but im gonna try and just leave most of em now till next year as im swamped with uni wokr

oh also got some new wheels eta beta 15x7s gonna refurb em over winter and swap em feb time

Offline grungeisdead

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 17 March 2008, 01:14 »
well  bought a new mk1 lol

original owners ad :-

golf n,1980,1.1,its original rare pastel green,only done about 60000 original miles,plenty of bills,original books and wallet,absolutly solid throughout due to bieng undersealed from new,no rot anywhere which as you all know is very rare on a series1,i brought this as a project which ive completed apart from the manifold,i sold the weber carb sourced a standard carb and just need the manifold to be up and running.

few parts ive sourced for the car

wee rabbit for the right hand side on the back

rabbit badge grille

vw script badge

sourced a weber off a friend in manc 34 ICH 2 pin woohoo

VW Pierburg Application List

Vehicle / Engine Code / Year / OEM Carburettor  / Weber

Volkswagen Golf & Van  /1.1/  GG / 81-83  / Pierburg (Solex) 31 PIC-7  / 34 ICH

info found from this club-gti article about VW recommended weber applications

<a href="http://www.clubgti.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-441.html" target="_blank[/IMG]http://www.clubgti.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-441.html</a>

also got a replacement GG carb en route just so i can get her up and running asap for the mot

got a guy coming on saturday picking up a mother load of parts then hopefully if we have enough time on sunday we can collect it, if not it shall have to wait till the following weekend grrr :-(

also got a few more parts tucked away lol