Author Topic: It's here: The standard Golf GTI reviewed!  (Read 6464 times)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: It's here: The standard Golf GTI reviewed!
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2013, 13:34 »
It seems this sums up the PP or no PP debate:

Performance Pack - which let's you use more of the power more of the time.

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2013, 13:35 »
Nice find!

So basically....

"For the ultimate experience though we'd spend an extra £980 and go for the Performance Pack - which let's you use more of the power more of the time"

....get the PP!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2013, 13:41 »
We'd take the time to setup your 'Individual' preferences though because while the suspension never feels too firm in Sport mode, the DSG holds onto gears for fraction too long

So basically in individual i'll set the gearbox profile to 'normal' and save on some fuel ;)

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2013, 13:56 »
Thanks for the link. I'm so glad they didn't say the standard car was the poor cousin don't buy a GTI unless you spec the performance pack. Good to hear the standards breaks are up to the task :-)

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2013, 14:49 »
Thanks for the link. I'm so glad they didn't say the standard car was the poor cousin don't buy a GTI unless you spec the performance pack. Good to hear the standards breaks are up to the task :-)

The ED30 and 35 had more power than the standard mk7 GTI and also the PP GTI and had the same 312mm brakes and they worked fine.
I'm sure the 312mm brakes are just fine in a country with a 70mph speed limit.

Having had traction issues with several remapped Golfs it's the diff that has sold it to me. The R32 brakes are just the icing on the cake, otherwise I'd have either bought a GTD or just kept my mk6 which at the end of the day is a car I'm very happy with and has been tailored to me perfectly.

The non PP GTI will be a very very good car in its own right. The PP just adds another dimension for those of us that want a little bit more out of out GTIs and previously had to go aftermarket or better still the PP will enhance aftermarket additions...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2013, 15:15 »
Yeah I think I made the right call for my driving style! 1k saved time to buy a new Mac Air :smiley:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2013, 17:24 »
Does the gti in the article have adaptive chassis control fitted? if it has then it's not a review of a standard car. it mentions it as an option but then the pictures also are of the driver profile screens.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2013, 18:22 »
Yeah I think I made the right call for my driving style! 1k saved time to buy a new Mac Air :smiley:

Nah, Macbook pro! Got more power and has a disc drive!! :lipsrsealed: :evil:

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2013, 18:25 »
Does the gti in the article have adaptive chassis control fitted? if it has then it's not a review of a standard car. it mentions it as an option but then the pictures also are of the driver profile screens.

The driver profile settings are standard, it adjusts the steering and throttle response etc, it's only when you add ACC that it also adjusts the suspension.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂