Author Topic: ADC setting  (Read 7660 times)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: ADC setting
« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2013, 14:56 »
Off topic, Is the starter button only a keyless feature?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2013, 15:03 »
Off topic, Is the starter button only a keyless feature?

Dave

100% yes!
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 30 April 2013, 10:28 »

While I can't state how a DSG equipped car will behave, I have driven a golf with ADC.  This was only at motorway speeds though, so I can't tell you if the minimum distance it keeps is dependent on the speed you are doing either (i.e. the 2 second rule).

However, yes, when you set the speed, you also set the distance you would like to keep between you and the car in front (like I said, there is a minimum). 

Is this a user set distance i.e. specific the way you can specifically set the speed or is it say one of a few choices that is already stored in the car?

Reason I ask is, I have made an effort with my current car to sit slightly further back from the car in front and what a difference it has made to stone chips. My previous Golf was covered in them by this time into ownership.  However if you sit just too far back you get the folk cutting in in-front of you or leaving it to the last minute to come off the motorway from the outside lane so just cut you up.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #13 on: 30 April 2013, 10:48 »
However if you sit just too far back you get the folk cutting in in-front of you or leaving it to the last minute to come off the motorway from the outside lane so just cut you up.

Argh! I hate that.  Why are people so stupid?  I often back off to leave a good stopping distance between me and the car in front only for some asshole to move into the gap.  I back off again and another one does it!  Are these people idiots?

Seriously.  I think something like 95% of drivers are idiots or completely gormless and don't think more than 1 second ahead or pay any attention to what other people are doing.  You get the odd driver who clearly has their head screwed on, responds to your car's body language and gives you a friendly wave, but the vast majority are in their own little world seemingly with no understanding of what id going on.  And the looks they give you when THEY screw up!

/rant

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #14 on: 30 April 2013, 10:50 »
Is this a user set distance i.e. specific the way you can specifically set the speed or is it say one of a few choices that is already stored in the car?

Reason I ask is, I have made an effort with my current car to sit slightly further back from the car in front and what a difference it has made to stone chips. My previous Golf was covered in them by this time into ownership.  However if you sit just too far back you get the folk cutting in in-front of you or leaving it to the last minute to come off the motorway from the outside lane so just cut you up.

Yes, it's a user-set distance, but there is a minimum for safety.  I tend to drive far back from traffic anyway, especially on motorways, just because it's safer.  It does give room for idiots to cut in without fair warning, but the system will just slow you down anyway if they do.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 30 April 2013, 10:51 »
Its the morons that nearly take the corner of your car off to get back into the inside lane when there is absolutely no other car anywhere near them!! Ggggrrr
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 30 April 2013, 10:53 »
Yes, it's a user-set distance, but there is a minimum for safety. 

Cheers Gryzor. Sorry to be a pain but how is it set? Is it on the MFD like the cruise? So you can specify a set distance?

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #17 on: 30 April 2013, 10:59 »
Cheers Gryzor. Sorry to be a pain but how is it set? Is it on the MFD like the cruise? So you can specify a set distance?

Yep, it is :)  There is a button you press between the +/-:

Its the morons that nearly take the corner of your car off to get back into the inside lane when there is absolutely no other car anywhere near them!! Ggggrrr

I just let them get on with stressing themselves out!  Life's too short :)
« Last Edit: 30 April 2013, 11:01 by Gryzor »

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 30 April 2013, 11:06 »
I just let them get on with stressing themselves out!  Life's too short :)

Brilliant cheers.

Yeah I couldn't care less about them but when they are cutting in in front of your car by just a few feet at 80mph, its your car not theirs that is getting pebble dashed!! And we all know how poor VW paint is.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #19 on: 30 April 2013, 11:18 »
Yeah I couldn't care less about them but when they are cutting in in front of your car by just a few feet at 80mph, its your car not theirs that is getting pebble dashed!! And we all know how poor VW paint is.

True, but paint chips can be repaired, unlike my sanity! Haha!  True though, flat paint is never that great when held against the metallics etc, especially VW paint!