Author Topic: GiT Badges Galore !?  (Read 3836 times)

Offline RedHP

• I live here
GiT Badges Galore !?
« on: 27 April 2013, 16:58 »
Not sure if this has already been covered, but just seen some Mk7 GiT piccies and have noticed that there are many badges referring to GiT.
Don't get me wrong, I like most of them but its the one on the calipers that I'm not so keen on. Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?  :huh:

Initially I wasn't keen on the Mk7 as it is very similary to the Mk6 in terms of body (historically with the possible exception of Mk3 v Mk4, Golfs have changed body shapes quite dramatically). Also, not to mention that the front end of a standard Mk7 looks very similar to the current Polo front end.
However, I must say that the Mk7 GiT is starting to grow on me and rather than waiting for the Mk8 GiT, I may only wait to see what they offer with the new-look M7 GiT in a year or two

Red
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: GiT Badges Galore !?
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2013, 17:52 »
The ones on the calipers are part of the performance pack so if you don't plump for that then you get the same style calipers on the mk6, i quite like the ones on the wings as they're not too in yer face.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2013, 18:01 »
The ones on the calipers are part of the performance pack so if you don't plump for that then you get the same style calipers on the mk6, i quite like the ones on the wings as they're not too in yer face.

Ok and agree with the wing badges  :smiley:

Red
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2013, 21:54 »
And according to ETKA, the ones on the calliper s (for the performance pack), are just end plates that can be removed. Indeed looking at ETKA one wonders if the callipers are not the same as the non performance pack models ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2013, 22:04 »
And according to ETKA, the ones on the calliper s (for the performance pack), are just end plates that can be removed. Indeed looking at ETKA one wonders if the callipers are not the same as the non performance pack models ?

Would they not need to be different to take the larger diameter discs?

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2013, 22:25 »
Would they not need to be different to take the larger diameter discs?

Not a clue about brakes but speaking mathematically, they need only be further from the centre to fit.  But I gotta assume the engineering is more complex than that.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2013, 22:27 »
Could just be that the calliper carriers position the unit further out from the hub (like the 288mm and 312mm disc sharing the same callipers in the MK5 and MK6 models. I'll have to check.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 27 April 2013, 22:34 »
I wonder how well the logo on the calipers will cope with the heat? I know the red paint on my front calipers goes a little pink and dull sometimes and need a little TLC.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #8 on: 27 April 2013, 22:36 »
I wonder how well the logo on the calipers will cope with the heat? I know the red paint on my front calipers goes a little pink and dull sometimes and need a little TLC.

Bigger disks should mean cooler right?  So if you brake the same as always it should help.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 27 April 2013, 22:49 »

Bigger disks should mean cooler right?  So if you brake the same as always it should help.

Makes sense.. :nerd: