Author Topic: Can you track your car with an order number?  (Read 7345 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: Can you track your car with an order number?
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2013, 10:32 »
What number order have you guys got?

Are they in a global/UK numerical sequence, or some sort of dealer number sequence?

Haven't a clue mate. I've just been given an order number by my dealer.

As I said I've tried to track my order on the VW site but it only returns the following message:

"Sorry, we can't find this order number. Please check your order tracking card and try again or contact your retailer."

Just a thought please don't be offended if I am insulting your intelligence. 
Have you manually put in your order number, or cut and pasted it from either email or other means.
The reason I ask is for some reason, if I cut and paste my order no from the email I received from the
dealer I get the same message as you.  If I manually enter it I get the correct info.. Strange .. Just a thought..

No offence. I entered my order number manually (no cut and paste from email). I also got my dealer to check the order number and they assure me it's correct. They've basically said it won't show up until a build week has been assigned. Humm, a bit fishy that as others are getting to the "progress" stage without a build week which nobody has been assigned yet.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2013, 10:37 »
You need to check with your dealer that the order has definitely been put through, it may be that they haven't been given an allocation for the first batch or that they have and its been given to an earlier order (if there was one).  Bottom line is that it should say processing if its been received by VW - if you've waited a week and it hasn't gone on then something is amiss.  Don't let them fob you off - I'm not denying the order tracker will be for sure be inaccurate once the car is given a build week and beyond - but the first stage of processing will come up if the order has been put through.  Otherwise it literally is pointless.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2013, 11:38 »
I ordered yesterday and got my order number about 30 minutes later, it wasn't showing up on  http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order yesterday (as expected), but already it's on there today processing.  :smiley:

Not sure why it says Upholstery: Titan Black and not Red Jacara?  :sad:

« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 11:43 by AAddict »
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #13 on: 01 May 2013, 11:51 »
There is an "order no." on the "vehicle sales order form" that I have to sign and also in the letter that arrived with it.  Yet, when I plug it into that tracker site it still says "Sorry we can't find this order number.  Please check your order tracking card and try again or contact your retailer."

This is what most of you are also getting right?

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2013, 12:07 »
There is an "order no." on the "vehicle sales order form" that I have to sign and also in the letter that arrived with it.  Yet, when I plug it into that tracker site it still says "Sorry we can't find this order number.  Please check your order tracking card and try again or contact your retailer."

This is what most of you are also getting right?

I got my number via email about 30 mins after ordering, and then today reveiced this card with my order number for checking the order online:

I can't see this number on any of the paperwork apart from that card.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 12:15 by AAddict »
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2013, 12:12 »
Wow thanks for the pictures!  Thats not what I have got, it was just a letter from the dealer together with a form to sign and return.  I'll email them and ask, cheers.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2013, 12:23 »
Bill: What form are you having to sign? To accept the order? If so then the order may not have actually been placed with VW UK yet until you've signed whatever it is you've got. Only when the order is accepted by VW UK will you get an order number that works. Incidentally there is no sign of new pricing on the VW UK website for the May 1st price rises in either the GTI/GTD range or normal Golf range.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 01 May 2013, 14:27 »
Bill: What form are you having to sign? To accept the order? If so then the order may not have actually been placed with VW UK yet until you've signed whatever it is you've got. Only when the order is accepted by VW UK will you get an order number that works. Incidentally there is no sign of new pricing on the VW UK website for the May 1st price rises in either the GTI/GTD range or normal Golf range.

Its just a list of the vehicle, options, my name address and contact info etc...  Same thing you sign off if you do it in person at your local dealer.

Ok here is what the dealer told me (first time I've bought from VW and first time ordering on the phone instead of in person):

• Called on 23rd and placed the order, they say order will be placed on the system immediately but no money will be taken until the paper work is done.
  • Recieved "order form" in post on 27th along with a typed letter on dealer headed paper, which included an order number, but this doesn't work in the on-line tracker apparently.  I wasn't surprised though as thought no one could get the tracker to work right now.
  • Called on 29th to add PP, no problem, they emailed a revised order form.
  • Also my bank balance appears £500 lighter as of 29th.
  • I printed, signed and posted the order form, but they won't get it until tomorrow I should think.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 01 May 2013, 14:42 »
My order number has never worked on the VW website either if that makes a difference to anyone.
Having sat through and watched the Scirocco launch debacle then the mk6 GTI debacle from the sidelines I'm just going to sit here and watch this unfold!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 01 May 2013, 14:53 »
My order number has never worked on the VW website either if that makes a difference to anyone.
Having sat through and watched the Scirocco launch debacle then the mk6 GTI debacle from the sidelines I'm just going to sit here and watch this unfold!!!

You're laughing with us rather than at us right?
 :tongue: