Author Topic: Can you track your car with an order number?  (Read 7377 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Can you track your car with an order number?
« on: 23 April 2013, 11:27 »
Can you track the progress of your cars build with an order number?

If you can.. what is the url?

Thanks
Gaz
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Can you track your car with an order number?
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2013, 11:30 »
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

If you get anything other than 'Processing' then you'll be lucky!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2013, 11:36 »
I'd feel lucky if I had an order number  :sad:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2013, 11:50 »
I'd feel lucky if I had an order number  :sad:

I had to seriously hassle my dealer for one.  Tell them you've phoned VW UK and they can't understand why you haven't been given an order number, and that you would like him to check that the order has gone through at Germany's end correctly - this worked for me.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2013, 11:58 »
Well the GTD still isn't showing up as expected on the VW Tracking website. Not surprising considering I only placed my order last Thursday.

However the Wife's Polo Blue GT DSG (ordered at the same time), is not only showing up, according to the dealer it's scheduled for build 20th May (Just over a month from order), so consider that pretty good.

Shame then that we've asked the dealer to keep the Polo and only deliver on the same day as the GTD  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2013, 15:03 »
Well I've just tried entering my order number, hit submit, and it's not been recognised!

Contacted my dealer, to check my order number, she said it was correct but won't show up on the tracking website until a build week has been allocated.

So, at the moment I can't even check if my order is processing.

Humph!
« Last Edit: 23 April 2013, 15:20 by Hawaii-Five-O »

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2013, 15:06 »
Well I've just tried entering my order number, hit submit, and it's not been recognised!

Contacted my dealer, to check my order number, she said it was correct but won't show up on the tracking website until a build week has been allocated.

So, at the moment I can't even check if my order if processing.

Humph!

That's nonsense.  I had the same issue for a couple of days, and now its working and says 'Processing.'  If your dealer was right and it didn't show up on the website until a build week has been allocated then what is the point of having a 'Processing' bit?!

Think it took 3 working days for mine to work, so keep checking!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2013, 08:39 »
What number order have you guys got?

Are they in a global/UK numerical sequence, or some sort of dealer number sequence?
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 April 2013, 09:52 »

Are they in a global/UK numerical sequence, or some sort of dealer number sequence?

Haven't a clue mate. I've just been given an order number by my dealer.

As I said I've tried to track my order on the VW site but it only returns the following message:

"Sorry, we can't find this order number. Please check your order tracking card and try again or contact your retailer."

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 24 April 2013, 10:12 »

Haven't a clue mate. I've just been given an order number by my dealer.

As I said I've tried to track my order on the VW site but it only returns the following message:

"Sorry, we can't find this order number. Please check your order tracking card and try again or contact your retailer."

Just a thought please don't be offended if I am insulting your intelligence. 
Have you manually put in your order number, or cut and pasted it from either email or other means.
The reason I ask is for some reason, if I cut and paste my order no from the email I received from the
dealer I get the same message as you.  If I manually enter it I get the correct info.. Strange .. Just a thought..
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))