Author Topic: Adaptive chassis control thingy  (Read 28219 times)

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Re: Adaptive chassis control thingy
« Reply #20 on: 29 April 2013, 17:55 »
Ive just had an email from my dealer and he has listed this in my spec by error even though i didnt ask for it, should i keep it in im not sure, or save the cash?
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2013, 18:04 »
Are you sure they mean ACC (a £795 option) as opposed to the Aircon or ADC (adaptive distance control radar thingy) which are both standard?

I have venhemently argued against ACC and PP... but I caved and added them in the end.

Seems like these are the arguments in favour:
  • If you want to remap later (PP more than ACC)
  • If you plan to put it on a track or otherwise push the car
  • Adds to resell, unlike most options
  • Can make the car a much better ride, especially on rough roads

And against:
  • Costly
  • Everyday driving its debatable if you'll see a difference

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 29 April 2013, 18:09 »
Yes its the Acc as the cost was listed alongside  :cool:

Ive gone for it, i live in the countryside, the roads are pretty bad here in most places, going to be fun,,, :evil:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 29 April 2013, 18:12 »
Yes its the Acc as the cost was listed alongside  :cool:

Ive gone for it, i live in the countryside, the roads are pretty bad here in most places, going to be fun,,, :evil:

If you can afford it the ACC is probably not such a bad idea, I've come around to like it.  The PP I'm still not sure about, but I couldn't very well argue for one and against the other so I grabbed it this afternoon.  My bank balance is gonna be well into the red.  I'm secretly praying that my order will be delayed until September so I can cash another pay cheque or two!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #24 on: 29 April 2013, 18:42 »
To be fair, a lot of it is how you feel driving the car, not necessarily how the car feels, if that makes sense.  It's a major purchase and one I plan on keeping for at least as long as I have my current GTI.  Having DCC does make a difference in sport vs comfort, and I'm sure the PP will come into it's own in poor/sloppy road conditions and of course when you give it a boot out of the corners.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 29 April 2013, 18:44 »
I've been thinking of adding the adaptive chassis control to my gtd order. both the salesman and the sales manager where I'm buying from have both said its a waste of money. surprising considering they are in the business to sell cars and options but very refreshing and honest.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 29 April 2013, 19:11 »
agree with Gryzor here. I intend keeping the car for at least 4-5 years (if not longer), and i know that if i had skimped on an option now, i would regret it and look into ways of retrofitting it. That's why Ive gone a little mad with the options, so that it's totally equipped and i can then fully enjoy it. If you can afford it, why not ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 29 April 2013, 19:28 »
Damn it Norbreck  :laugh: ive too and froed about ordering it and then finally decided not to. Now after reading your post im back in two minds. i intend to keep my gtd for at least 5 years (I said the same about the R Line Tiguan and thats going after 9 months!) I dont want to start going down retro fit routes and I suspect you probably cant with the adaptive chassis control anyway. Does it make that much difference having the chassis control??
« Last Edit: 29 April 2013, 19:36 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 29 April 2013, 21:44 »
Damn it Norbreck  :laugh: ive too and froed about ordering it and then finally decided not to. Now after reading your post im back in two minds. i intend to keep my gtd for at least 5 years (I said the same about the R Line Tiguan and thats going after 9 months!) I dont want to start going down retro fit routes and I suspect you probably cant with the adaptive chassis control anyway. Does it make that much difference having the chassis control??

There have been a few posts from chaps who had mk6 without ACC and say the car is great with or without it, but mostly they'd spec it this time round.  Roc drivers get it as standard and say the car is great, but we have nothing to compare to in this case.  Hard to know.  The reviewers rate ACC and PP very highly, but again they haven't been driving both with and without (or they are keeping it quiet if they have) so how do they know?

I think its like Gryzor says, you want to feel happy with your choice.  So if you'll regret it I'd say get it even if the sales guy is right about it not being worth it.  If the cost is too high then stay clear, you don't want to be feeling like you were ripped off.

Logically the ACC and even more so the PP will not be of any real use to 99% of your driving.  But if you want to go flying around corners and know you are doing so in a car no rival can do better then grab PP, and if you want to know you're driving a car that can do sporty and super comfort at the flick of a button grab ACC.

EDIT:
This post and the thread in general have quite a few experiences of ACC posted:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=252900.msg2319977#msg2319977
« Last Edit: 29 April 2013, 21:47 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 29 April 2013, 22:19 »

Sorry bud  :grin: :grin:

To be honest, I wasn't going to tick this option, as the system in my Scirocco is very subtle, however as the roads round my way are so damn poor, I thought the GTD with its 18" alloys and lowered suspension, might need a little hand every now and then.

Also the system on the MK7 Golf is he newer mk2 version of ACC and is supposed to be much improved over the mk1 system installed in the Scirocco and MK6 Golf platforms ?

Andrew
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras