Author Topic: Adaptive chassis control thingy  (Read 28245 times)

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
Adaptive chassis control thingy
« on: 22 April 2013, 15:37 »
Does anyone know if the adaptive chassis control (ACC) in normal mode is the same as a standard GTI's normal mode? In other words if two cars were identical but one had ACC (set in normal mode) would they feel the same?

The reason I ask is because in both the autoexpress and whatcar reviews they both had them fitted. And now I'm wondering if ACC in normal mode improves ride over a standard gti chassis.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Adaptive chassis control thingy
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2013, 15:38 »
Does anyone know if the adaptive chassis control (ACC) in normal mode is the same as a standard GTI's normal mode? In other words if two cars were identical but one had ACC (set in normal mode) would they feel the same?

The reason I ask is because in both the autoexpress and whatcar review they both had them fitted. And now I'm wondering if ACC in normal mode improves ride over a standard gti chassis.

Also, any word from anyone on ACC coming as standard or is it still an option?
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2013, 15:47 »

The reason I ask is because in both the autoexpress and whatcar reviews they both had them fitted. And now I'm wondering if ACC in normal mode improves ride over a standard gti chassis.

ACC in normal mode "should" be better than a regular GTI, because it is constantly adjusting the shocks.  In a regular GTI the suspension is fixed.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2013, 15:54 »
I have it on my Scirocco (came as standard spec) and ACC is quite different from a standard chassis set up.

Read here:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/braking-and-stability-systems/acc

However, I won't be specifying it on my new GTD as I feel the £800 cost isn't worth it - others will disagree  :wink:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2013, 21:10 »
I've had it on both my Sciroccos definitely not worth 800. I must change the setting about once a month for five minutes when having a hoke. You will never get the money back at resale...

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2013, 22:37 »
I've had it on both my Sciroccos definitely not worth 800. I must change the setting about once a month for five minutes when having a hoke. You will never get the money back at resale...

But if you have it on both the Sciroccos how can you tell the difference? I don't mean putting it in comfort or sport mode, just leaving it in normal. Have you driven a Scirocco without ACC to compare?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2013, 22:54 »

But if you have it on both the Sciroccos how can you tell the difference? I don't mean putting it in comfort or sport mode, just leaving it in normal. Have you driven a Scirocco without ACC to compare?

Only the 122ps Scirocco don't come with it as standard, i've driven a mk6 gti with standard springs for the last 3 years and although very good it can become a little tiresome on poor surfaces when pootling, i've driven 3 scirocco's with it, my brother had a 1.4tsi and now has a bluemotion diesel and imo it is definatlely worth the £765, i've also driven a Roc R and left it in sport which imo makes that car a bit of a weapon!! :drool:
« Last Edit: 22 April 2013, 22:55 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2013, 23:00 »

Only the 122ps Scirocco don't come with it as standard, i've driven a mk6 gti with standard springs for the last 3 years and although very good it can become a little tiresome on poor surfaces when pootling, i've driven 3 scirocco's with it, my brother had a 1.4tsi and now has a bluemotion diesel and imo it is definatlely worth the £765, i've also driven a Roc R and left it in sport which imo makes that car a bit of a weapon!! :drool:

Cheers mate. Ye it does seem like something worth getting for poor roads and speed breakers.

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 22 April 2013, 23:03 »

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 April 2013, 23:22 »
No fair point I have never driven a Scirocco without it. It's more that I never make use of any other setting than Normal. Maybe I don't realise the benefit of the tech. I can only hope it's as close to normal springs as you can get :smiley:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.