Author Topic: Did you have all this uncertainty ordering the first Mk6's  (Read 6785 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Reading through various threads, I find it hard to believe that so many people have ordered cars, but are now unsure / being messed around, as to what they are actually going to get.

No one knows for sure what the headlights are going to look like. Will you get a colour computer display? Will Dynaudio have a sub or not? And so on.

I will be buying a new Mk7 GTI at some point, most probably an ED40, but I really wouldn't like to have one on order right now, not knowing exactly what I was going to get.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Did you have all this uncertainty ordering the first Mk6's
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2013, 17:20 »
From what I remember there wasn't this issue at all. The problem back then was lead times on actually taking delivery!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2013, 17:44 »
Reading through various threads, I find it hard to believe that so many people have ordered cars, but are now unsure / being messed around, as to what they are actually going to get.

No one knows for sure what the headlights are going to look like. Will you get a colour computer display? Will Dynaudio have a sub or not? And so on.

I will be buying a new Mk7 GTI at some point, most probably an ED40, but I really wouldn't like to have one on order right now, not knowing exactly what I was going to get.

I don't think many people are fussed. I'm not
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2013, 17:58 »
You can just imagine the fuss on here and other forums when the first batches all arrive with different specs!!
Oh dear!

I was more sensible when the mk6 was launched and stuck by my guns to get an ex-demo (but Golfs had a much lower standard spec then anyway)
And I was far too skint when the mk5 was launched (but absolutely everything was an extra then) to worry about it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2013, 19:05 »
It all adds to the suspense.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2013, 19:11 »
It all adds to the suspense.

<<LOL>>

It'll all come out in the wash*

*He hopes  :rolleyes:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2013, 19:20 »
I did the same thing with the Scirocco back in 2008 it's fun ordering a car you have never seen or driven. But to be fair you know it's going to be a good car. Also being the first to flog it in about two years can help deliver cheap motoring...

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2013, 19:58 »
Totally happy withe the spec I've ordered.

As long as I get what I've ordered that's fine with me.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2013, 21:07 »

Totally agree with what you say.  Seems like a lottery as to what you might end up with!  Really hope there won't be lots of disgruntled mk7er's on here when their cars finally arrive. 

Last year I decided to switch my second mk5 and was very tempted to wait for the mk7.  In the end I decided to go for mk6, on the basis that it might be better to wait until mk7 has and been out for a while and any teething issues sorted and extra options become available, as was the case with later mk6.  Considering this VW fiasco, I'm glad I waited.  Like you, will most likely go for the ED40 or possibly the next R.

But the VW should have got all this sorted before opening the order books  :angry:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2013, 00:06 »
I remember more the why does my very first one off the factory line have so many problems more. Which is one reason to wait a year so all the first niggles are worked out.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.