Author Topic: trackday prep - what you have done and what do you recommend?  (Read 93886 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: trackday prep - what you have done and what do you recommend?
« Reply #20 on: 14 January 2011, 18:51 »
Eight degrees of negative camber?  Seriously?  Ha! Chris beat me to it.  :grin:

Cannot measure, in my view and never mind the pitiful language mauling both of you keep perpetrating.  I might forgive that if you seemed to have any idea what you're going on about.  :undecided:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #21 on: 14 January 2011, 19:18 »
Al dig a picture out of it. We had it on the camber gauge that goes to -4 and it went round twice. Which would make it -8 degrees. I could put it back to it aswell if I felt. But as I set my car up with help from some one who has been in and around motorsport for 30 - 40 years I think he knows what he's on about. And how do you work standard bolts only get to -1.5 when my suspentions got elongated holes to allow more adjustment on the camber?

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #22 on: 14 January 2011, 19:22 »
And how do you work standard bolts only get to -1.5 when my suspentions got elongated holes to allow more adjustment on the camber?

By learning to measure properly, maybe?  :grin:

Let's have some photos up of your superfandango elongated holes and level wishbones then.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #23 on: 14 January 2011, 19:35 »
Did I say my wishbones were level? No I think you'll find I said I use to have -8 degrees when my hub was pushed in at the top and pulled out at the bottom. But according to you that's impossible as you know all. If you actually took the time to think about it, you'd be able to realize that an elongated hole would increase the camber more than what just 2 normal holes could as the points furthest from each other buts more of an angle on the hub.

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 14 January 2011, 19:37 »
i said that the wishbones wer level i maybe wrong yer some times people do get it wrong but ther is a much more respectable way about pointing things out

if in doubt go flat out

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #25 on: 14 January 2011, 19:47 »

and if thats not satisfying to you then i am sorry, but my backs are obvously less

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #26 on: 14 January 2011, 20:06 »
Oh right, so you two are saying your lower control arms are pointing eight degrees UP.

Which FWIW is WAY too much drop for track use, as Chris has already pointed out.

CAMBER is how much the wheels are leaning, nothing to do with the lower control arms, which should be level at rest.  :rolleyes:

How many track days do the pair of you have under your collective belts to be dispensing this blinding nolidge?

As for the Golf in the picture, looks to have about -2 degrees on it.

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 14 January 2011, 20:13 »
how does that look about -2 degrees and i'm not bothering on this little discution anymore cuz its not helping lewis with his query and sure he would appretiate it if replys to his thread wer heling him not just banging on about how 1 think the other is better or knows more its getting silly nw

if in doubt go flat out

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #28 on: 14 January 2011, 20:17 »
what i was on about camber not lower controlle arms and no thats not -2 degreese, its on -1.5 now. and there isnt ,5 degrees different. if you put  a circle on paper and mark every 2 degrees you'll see where it is, then go get your camber gauge and measure and you'll see. i havent been on a track day, but then im a student so i dont have the money laying about to waste. but i forgot you know it all because youve been to the ring.
once agin i never mentioned my lowet arms and what there on. but thats determined on how low the car is than standard, it has nowt to do with how camber is set at all. i though even you would know this. just like choosing you syncro, its not exactly the best is it? how many diffs have you got?

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #29 on: 14 January 2011, 20:20 »
how does that look about -2 degrees and i'm not bothering on this little discution anymore cuz its not helping lewis with his query and sure he would appretiate it if replys to his thread wer heling him not just banging on about how 1 think the other is better or knows more its getting silly nw

look at the civic i posted. Its running just about 8 degrees.

it looks like the back to the future 2 car. The golf does not.

you must be generating some staggering cornering forces if your engineer thought 8 degrees was needed to generate the correct camber thrust for your car. Or your suspension is rediculously soft.
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.