Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529847 times)

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #230 on: 10 January 2016, 16:37 »
Washed mine today and took some pics just for Rebecca :grin:

« Last Edit: 10 January 2016, 16:39 by Cossieian »
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #231 on: 10 January 2016, 18:26 »
Cossieian - that looks stunning. Mine is TR too and I love the colour. I think your new wheels look great but not so sure on your car, they look a bit sober. Perhaps better if they had a gloss finish? I can only give you a 5/10 for parking though :grin:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #232 on: 10 January 2016, 18:51 »
Went downstairs...took a look...shook my head...went back inside!!
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #233 on: 10 January 2016, 20:02 »
Washed mine today and took some pics just for Rebecca :grin:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  Ian I am speechless.  No I'm not - it looks bloody AMAZING.  :cool: :cool: :cool: 

Now please stop posting pictures of it looking so shiny and glossy, you are making me feel quite inadequate, lol.

How nice to have your own personal car park with such great lighting, but you need to stop those other trespassers parking their cars in it.  They are not worthy.  Yours is! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #234 on: 10 January 2016, 20:03 »
Washed it and tried out a new wax http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276690.0

The wash was a good chance to see how the C2v3 I applied to the Prets 2 weeks ago was performing.  The C2v3 didn't stop the wheels picking up any less dirt over the last couple of weeks (compared to Poorboys), BUT, they were noticeably easier to clean, the dirt melted away with ease and they came up a real treat. I do like the slick finish and think it is superior to the PB.  So 2 out of 3 ain't bad!    :afro:

I also got the opportunity to try out the blower/dryer function of my new Metro Vac n Blo.  Excellent power and I went round the whole car with it, including all the water traps we are all well acquainted with.  It dried 80% of the car with ease, so all that was needed was to go around with my WoWo towels and just blot the tiny amount of water remaining.  I didn't get time to use the vacuum function in the interior as it started raining after I'd finished waxing (no surprise there  :rolleyes:), and had other stuff to do, so that will have to wait a little longer, but not too long, as I have some new R logo's carpet mats arriving this week and can't put them in a dirty footwell, although I might save them for spring/summer to save them from the winter mud.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #235 on: 10 January 2016, 21:17 »
That is quite shocking remlapeel.  :cry:

Doesn't matter what the car is, totally unacceptable. What's the dealer said?  Your Jag is looking even more like a candidate for possible rejection now.

I have rejected it with the finance company now, just waiting for their response. It's a shame because it's a really nice car
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #236 on: 10 January 2016, 21:31 »
That is quite shocking remlapeel.  :cry:

Doesn't matter what the car is, totally unacceptable. What's the dealer said?  Your Jag is looking even more like a candidate for possible rejection now.

I have rejected it with the finance company now, just waiting for their response. It's a shame because it's a really nice car

Wise move.  Good luck, hope they see sense and it all works out.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline VWB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #237 on: 10 January 2016, 21:43 »
Hope it's all sorted soon for you. Keep us updated.

Some good looking detailing efforts this weekend! I managed to wash mine yesterday and applied some gyeon view on the windows today. Gave them a quick going over with the clay bar first, surprising how dirty they were for a new car.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #238 on: 10 January 2016, 22:41 »
I got everything ready to clean then it started raining so I gave up.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #239 on: 12 January 2016, 14:52 »
Gave mine a good clean inside and out today, looks and smells lovely! Whilst the Jag is covered in mud just taking up space on my driveway
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.