Author Topic: passat 1.8t ongoing project (new marmite mods page 2)  (Read 11730 times)

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
As some of you will have seen I swapped my anni dor a well known black and cream vw passat 1.8t.

Not go any pics of the car yet as weathers been crap but have been doing work on the interior.

Now some people will like wood trim bur I hate it after 5 years of rover ownership. So there was no way the wood trim was staying so out came the 3m carbon wrap.

Centre console trim before :sick:

And after  :cool:

Fitted

And then a few other random bits

Just got to do front ashtray now and rwplace the wood wheel and gearknob for black leather jobbies and shes done.

And then onto exterior plans
« Last Edit: 31 March 2013, 19:39 by rich1977 »
Www.Internet-ink.co.uk voucher code RL15 for 15% off all pens,toners and ink cartridges including cannon Epsom dell and hp.

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
Re: passat 1.8t ongoing project
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2013, 19:24 »
Even though I don't particularly like carbon wrap, it's one hell of a lot better than fake wood.  :whistle:

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2013, 12:49 »
Should have asked mate I still have my original interior bits!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2013, 23:47 »
Not to worry tbh I dont mind wrapping them though as a quick blast with a hair dryer and can be returned to standard
Www.Internet-ink.co.uk voucher code RL15 for 15% off all pens,toners and ink cartridges including cannon Epsom dell and hp.

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2013, 12:15 »
Given her a good bath today. Not really done much but have bits on order to fit soon. Roof is being carbon wrapped along with rear window spoiler, then got to sort out oil leak from rocker cover seal and a boost leak but got some samcos on way.
Then im going to risk a remap on a 180k engine :grin:

Anyway heres clean pics

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2013, 20:38 »
Well my new rims came today and I'm over the moon with them, need some spacers for the rear but the are on order now. Few quick pics as was pissing it down just need some centre caps for em as well.

And another edition is eBay gear knob to replace wooden one.

Just need to wrap the ashtray and loose wooden wheel and I'm done with interior.

Getting quotes to have all lower plastics and bumpstrips colour coded,ordering a set of fk front lights in black and off on rollers soon as we'll

As all ways thoughts and opinions welcome

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
Re: passat 1.8t ongoing project (new rims and knob lol)
« Reply #6 on: 17 March 2013, 18:13 »

Only downside to white rims is they get dirty quickly

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2013, 19:57 »
Such nice wheels ruined by such a horrible colour scheme :sick:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 18 March 2013, 20:46 »
Such nice wheels ruined by such a horrible colour scheme :sick:

Agreed, they are not doing a lot for me tbh.

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 18 March 2013, 22:06 »
 :cry: :cry: :grin:

Each to there own as they say, not happy though as just had a sodding something hit the side of one and take a small chip out of the face.

I am actually thinking of having them done pure white.