Author Topic: Dynamic chassis control retrofit  (Read 10141 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: Dynamic chassis control retrofit
« Reply #20 on: 20 February 2019, 02:48 »
People think nothing about spending £900 for 19" wheels that spoil the ride and handling in most situations but look bling but dont want to spend the same kind of money on DCC which improves the car in every situation other than you cant see it.

funny world

also why so few come with dynaudio for the sake of £500 beats me too
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline McBreadhead

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 20 February 2019, 07:12 »
Mcviken, have to agree with you on that score. You can never have too much bass.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 20 February 2019, 11:21 »
People think nothing about spending £900 for 19" wheels that spoil the ride and handling in most situations but look bling but dont want to spend the same kind of money on DCC which improves the car in every situation other than you cant see it.

funny world

I couldn't agree with you more. DCC and Dynaudio were two options I would not compromise on, yet to find a used GTI with them both together was nigh on impossible. It's why I ended up ordering new. The two things that are night & day compared to the standard fitment.

I understand it's horses for courses on DCC and it's down to day-to-day use, but it baffles me the amount of justification on here that says you don't need to have DCC, usually prequalified with the "I have 19's and no DCC and I find the ride fine"... yet that doesn't actually address what DCC gives you, not having DCC may be fine, but with DCC it transforms the car and gives you so much more than 'fine'.

:huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 20 February 2019, 11:36 »
Mines got both dynaudio and DCC so someone's getting a rare car by all accounts oh and it's got nav pro and rear camera. I think I'd be better selling on tootle than trading it in come selling time?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 20 February 2019, 15:25 »

funny world

We're all individuals, what you might think was a no brainer might not be for someone else. Aesthetics are an important part of a purchase to many but adding 19s, DCC and Dynaudio would add on a considerable sum. I found mine on 19s to ride a lot better than my previous Audi on 17s so that was great. As for Dynaudio, I don't listen to that much music in the car, it doesn't bother me. I have a pretty decent system at home and I enjoy my music there.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #25 on: 20 February 2019, 15:53 »
Is this a bad time to say I haven't got DCC, I've fitted a set of aftermarket 19s and lowered it on Eibach sportlines and I still find the ride "fine".

Actually, it's way firmer than standard but I don't mind that in the slightest lol.

I do have dynaudio, although the wheels and suspension mods make the turntable jump a bit (but only on LPs playing at 33 RPM).
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 20 February 2019, 16:10 »
Is this a bad time to say I haven't got DCC, I've fitted a set of aftermarket 19s and lowered it on Eibach sportlines and I still find the ride "fine".

Actually, it's way firmer than standard but I don't mind that in the slightest lol.

I do have dynaudio, although the wheels and suspension mods make the turntable jump a bit (but only on LPs playing at 33 RPM).

:grin: :grin:

The Golf is a great car out the box with a really decent standard spec. I'm sure DCC is good and I'm sure the upgraded audio is good as well. But they are options and don't stop the GTI being a great car without them. If I was purchasing 2nd hand I might be a bit more choosey on options. Doubt I'd spec one so highly though from new.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey