Author Topic: minimum post before trading  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
minimum post before trading
« on: 26 January 2010, 17:58 »
as tital...,, should there be a minimum post...for any one posting in the classified section... theres alot of.. one post wonderors who say they are intrested in cars and probaly never ever get any further,,, and selling stuff then dont come on again.. just a idea.. not sure if this has been asked before...

toby

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: minimum post before trading
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2010, 19:16 »
a few times  :grin:

Offline flexiblefish98

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2010, 14:55 »
Sounds like a good idea!
Especially after all I've read about scammers today! :sick:

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2010, 15:02 »
as our recent friend demonstrated though, it's not difficult to quickly do a load of posts.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2010, 17:29 »
how about coming up with something... like minimum of 100 and one month of being active or something...

and does it cost or w.e to not allow guest's ? wouldnt be a bad idea to block them and make them create an account?

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2010, 17:54 »
Classifieds section would be very quiet if users had to have 100 posts! Would people want that?

Does seem a shame to hide sections. Guess need to weigh up how useful the classifieds are for the majority against the very few who ruin it.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2010, 18:14 »
There plenty of things that could be done but as has been mentioned the section would be very quiet. People come on here purely to sell because they know people will buy. Obviously there are scammers about, but my theory on it all should be to go through a more secure method of paying, like PayPal, at least then you've got something to fall back on.

People that send money directly to other people's banks etc shouldn't do that, to prevent such from happening. Either meet them, or PayPal.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2010, 18:17 »
the guy who fleeced dan on Edition 38 had 300 + posts  :huh:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 17 February 2010, 20:17 »
There plenty of things that could be done but as has been mentioned the section would be very quiet. People come on here purely to sell because they know people will buy. Obviously there are scammers about, but my theory on it all should be to go through a more secure method of paying, like PayPal, at least then you've got something to fall back on.

People that send money directly to other people's banks etc shouldn't do that, to prevent such from happening. Either meet them, or PayPal.

Paypal is not that good, send money as a gift you have no comeback also if it goes amiss and the guy has cleared his account out you have no real chance of getting any money back.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2010, 20:19 »

Paypal is not that good, send money as a gift you have no comeback also if it goes amiss and the guy has cleared his account out you have no real chance of getting any money back.

Don't send as a gift, and I'm just saying PayPal is a better option than transferring directly to a bank.