Author Topic: golf tsi help  (Read 1416 times)

Offline sexysam777

• Just got here
golf tsi help
« on: 14 September 2014, 20:17 »
i recently had an front end accident and i had to replace all the rad pack basically when i start the car the fans turn on full speed also iv changed temp sensor heating and water is fine no airlock and also the engine management light is on

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
Re: golf tsi help
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2014, 20:26 »
First thing you should do is get someone with VCDS to scan your ECU and get some fault codes up. This will hopefully tell you straight away what's causing the engine management light.

How hard was the front end impact? Also, is the engine light amber, or red? If red, really don't drive it! If amber, don't drive unless you really need to unless a fault code scan clears it.

Going by the damage you describe, I'd suggest you look into whether your oil pump and pick up pipe are functioning correctly. Hope you get this sorted soon.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2014, 19:39 »
i would hazard a guess under these circumstances the coolant temp sensor on the radiator outlet (not the one on the engine outlet) is broken/unlpugged/has faulty wiring, but as above get a proper diag check done to save guesswork.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2014, 09:54 »
I'm in W midlands, can scan it for you if needed.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles