Author Topic: Cornish Meets?  (Read 5383 times)

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
Cornish Meets?
« on: 13 October 2009, 17:41 »
Hey. I'm living in Helston, Cornwall these days and was wondering what sort of meets and things happen down there. Be it a few lads meet in a car park for a laugh or monthly/yearly meets, I'm intrested in the lot. Cheers all.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline rocketron

• GTI forum regular
Re: Cornish Meets?
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2009, 17:57 »
hi mark, have wondered that myself. if nothing is happening then i might if its ok with the mods organise something down here. im in camborne.  :smiley:
96 golf GTI 16V
96 T4 1.9TDI
Its a dub thing.

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2009, 18:02 »
theres not alot going on. A few of us meet up pool macs occasionally, usually its just a few of us over a mates house with beers, filmage and some vdub talk on the side.

get something regular going  :wink:
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline rocketron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2009, 18:10 »
i did see a lot of nice rides(not dubs) in macs few nights ago. if there is enough interest i will speak to the powers at be and put a monthly together. already organise a T4 the first weds of every month.  :cool:
96 golf GTI 16V
96 T4 1.9TDI
Its a dub thing.

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #4 on: 14 October 2009, 16:40 »
i did see a lot of nice rides(not dubs) in macs few nights ago. if there is enough interest i will speak to the powers at be and put a monthly together. already organise a T4 the first weds of every month.  :cool:

I vote a smokey joes diner meet. Or halfway house.

(i am of course basing these locations around a need for epic amounts of food)
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2009, 23:07 »
let me know if you guys do sort summit and il head down with a couple of ppl  :smiley: been wanting to go cornwall for a while since rtts  :cool:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 December 2009, 10:03 »
Nice bit of response here, happy with that. At the moment my Golf is stored in Essex being worked on but should be on the road by mid February (provided all goes to plan).

When it is, we should all get together somewhere and show Cornwall that there is a VW scene to be proud of! :cool:

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2009, 00:10 »
Nice bit of response here, happy with that. At the moment my Golf is stored in Essex being worked on but should be on the road by mid February (provided all goes to plan).

When it is, we should all get together somewhere and show Cornwall that there is a VW scene to be proud of! :cool:

yeah definately......well a watercooled one anyway lol :smiley:is there any travelodges local? dont fancy a 5 1/2 hour journey late at night  :wink:

V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline Bender

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2009, 00:56 »
Yeeh. Let me know too, will bring along a few other vdubbers, I'm just the other side of Penzance.

yeah definately......well a watercooled one anyway lol :smiley:is there any travelodges local? dont fancy a 5 1/2 hour journey late at night  :wink:

Yeh there is a couple, depends where we meet tbh. But I'll be going past one on the way back from wherever we are tbh, so we can hook you up with that.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2009, 01:08 by Bender »

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #9 on: 14 December 2009, 21:39 »
cool  :smiley: yeah let me know what happens  :cool:

V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!