Author Topic: toofunkyhouse - mk1 gti  (Read 25888 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: toofunkyhouse - mk1 gti
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2007, 15:22 »
Well my mk1 is not running right at the mo, went to no rice and a couple of days later it started to cut out as if it was running out of fuel, this was bad as i was hoping to get to the GTI spring festival on the sunday. I had the fuel pump changed as i thought this  might be on the way out but to no avail so i had to miss the show! Most of the garages around my area i really dont trust my mk1 to, they dont really understand the k-jet system so i managed to find a place in Witney that had all the right test equipment to check and set up the system propley! gave the car a good wash and polish and also wax oiled some of the underside and in the rear pannels and doors!

car on tow truck off to get fixed! (i hope!!!!!)  :rolleyes:  :cry:

and on another note, i managed to get the oil temp and preshure vdo guages i have been after for ages to go with the vaults one already in the car! got them both for 20 quid with the bulb holders! so when i get the car back i can bang them in, have read up on it and it seems quite easy! also got some more blue led bulbs to fit in to them!  :grin:

will let you know what was up with the car when they start work on monday!  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2007, 20:45 »
new speakers came today, getting a mate to make some mdf speaker rings to mount them on, going to fit them where the old one's go! lets hope they sound better than the 6 be 4's!  :smiley:

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 May 2007, 20:38 »

here are the speaker rings my mate has made, just have to spray them up and get them fitted in the doors, will get some pics once i get my car back!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 May 2007, 14:24 »
well as the car is STILL at the garage i have been buying some more 'gubbins'

should look better than the standard one's!  :undecided:  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2007, 12:29 »
right now i have the car back i have started to fit a few bits and bobs, first up is this single wiper! also had a mk2 motor but i couldnt get it to work so have used the mk1 but tbh after a really good wd-ing it works fine!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2007, 16:01 »
today i fitted some 5mm wheel spacers to the rear of the car to fill the arch out a little!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2007, 14:51 »
Hi all, well the car now has a new hart beating in her! well kind of, i have bought and had fitted ( by paul who is a top bloke aka tomo38 off of here) a modded DX lump, its had head work and cam as well as a rebuild! Paul was a star and it took a little longer than expected to fit due to a few snags which paul sorted out! Now its all in the car really does go like stink! the fun factor is back big time! :grin:
here are a few pics!  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 26 May 2007, 08:42 by Toofunkyhouse »

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2007, 08:04 »
Hi all, well have done a few more bits and bobs - VDO's are in, just need to get the oil preshure working, also fitted the new speakers and window winders! Gave the car a good clean inside too! Took a few pics at my work too! ooohhh planes! lol  :grin:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 June 2007, 12:05 »
here are some shots of the vdo's at night  :smiley:

grrr this is what happens when you have pulled a 14 hour night shift!  :angry:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 11 June 2007, 08:51 »
a few pics of the car a bristol volksfest, another tan-tastic day!  :grin: