Author Topic: SpearMintRhino - mk1 1.6  (Read 20985 times)

Offline SpearMintTom

• GTI forum regular
  • DOB: 10/08/1986 - MK1 Golf: 14/02/1983!
Re: SpearMintRhino - mk1 1.6
« Reply #20 on: 26 April 2007, 20:33 »
So I finally actually got round to putting the new rage exhaust on..

1st off it is still very loud, but it's being more loud than it should do as unfortunately it's just ever so slightly resting on my big bonrath bumpers which is causing a hell of alot of vibration through the back of the car and making a not very pleasant noise! - but i'm gonna cut a small amount away to sort that out tomorrow evening.

Anyway it looks alot better i think - and the biggest and most important thing of all.. it doesn't give me any clearance issues..

Next things i'm looking to do are:
- Find an uprated headlight loom & install more powerful bulbs
- Replace the rear standard lights with smoked
- Replace the indicator lights at front with smoked lights
- Get new chrome window winders (i have one atm god knows where the other one is!)
1983 1.6L 8v: S/S 4-2-1 branch, S/S CentreBox, M-u-f-f Diver exhaust, SPC, Wofsburg Dials + Blue LED Lights, Debadged & Smoothed, Porsche Green,

Offline SpearMintTom

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 26 April 2007, 20:37 »
Long term plans:
- Replace the standard brake drum setup at the rear with vented disc brakes & a 9" servo
- Refurbish my alloys
- Sound Proofing / resecuring the door cards
1983 1.6L 8v: S/S 4-2-1 branch, S/S CentreBox, M-u-f-f Diver exhaust, SPC, Wofsburg Dials + Blue LED Lights, Debadged & Smoothed, Porsche Green,

Offline SpearMintTom

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 30 April 2007, 12:25 »
Went paintballing over the weekend and had to drive the mk1 down some aweful flint dirt track for about 1/2 a mile - not pleasant.. lots of pot holes etc - my new backbox came off.. (had 4 blokes in her :() lol

Stuck it back in, retightened everything then when i was driving home on the motorway in the outside lane she just fell clean off again whilst i was doing about 75 odd  :laugh:

had to pull over get out and watch as my new backbox was narrowly avoided by about 15 cars, then a truck kindly went over it  :rolleyes: - it's all fine but the tail of it isn't very pretty now lol

got exams for the next few months so she'll have to sit on my drive and wait.. : /

also seem to have acquired a very small oil leak, suspect the gasket rubber has perished - 1 thing after the next!