Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171007 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #130 on: 06 March 2019, 16:55 »
No sign of the Mk8 at Geneva....  :whistle:

Do VW have anything interesting unveiled at the Geneva show?
I can’t be arsed to google through pics of Hyundai hybrids and the latest cynical limited editions of limited edition Porsches and whatever else is on show.

I did see a pic of an electric SEAT but that’s about it.

Pretty sure nothing of interest - main attraction is a beach buggy from the ID range which is as pointless as rear cup holders in a Clubsport S...

Typical motor show fare then!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #132 on: 08 March 2019, 18:37 »
First images - doesn’t look much different

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-this-is-all-of-it-1833156851?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=jalopnik_copy&utm_campaign=top

There’s still a lot of camo and missing bits of trim on that car if you zoom in. Most noticeable on the rear end around the lights, taped up reflector with a fake reflector stuck on and some sort of black bar below the rear windscreen.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #133 on: 08 March 2019, 18:47 »
Yep, not completely undisguised, but our best look yet nonetheless. I actually quite like what i've seen so far. Bear in mind though that the car in the pictures is probably a mid-range spec car, and not a performance variant.
7.5 GTD

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #134 on: 08 March 2019, 20:40 »
Yep, not completely undisguised, but our best look yet nonetheless. I actually quite like what i've seen so far. Bear in mind though that the car in the pictures is probably a mid-range spec car, and not a performance variant.

I’m quietly confident that the Mk8 GTI will look sh!t hot.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #135 on: 08 March 2019, 20:44 »

I’m quietly confident that the Mk8 GTI will look sh!t hot.

I don't think there has been an unmolested Golf GTi that I didn't like the look of. So if the Mk8 is terrible looking (I don't expect it to be), then it'd be a first for me.
7.5 GTD

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #136 on: 09 March 2019, 08:22 »

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-this-is-all-of-it-1833156851?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=jalopnik_copy&utm_campaign=top

There’s still a lot of camo and missing bits of trim on that car if you zoom in. Most noticeable on the rear end around the lights, taped up reflector with a fake reflector stuck on and some sort of black bar below the rear windscreen.
Same pictures in Autocar and they say it's got very little camouflage on and is virtually the finished car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #137 on: 09 March 2019, 11:39 »

There are some elements on the pics of the MK8 on the link above which lead me to think these pics are also some kinda magazine concept art and not genuine either, as they appear as if they are badly composited in Photoshop in specific areas.  The main area of concern is the front valance on the green molding which goes around underneath and up the inside of the fog lights, the shading looks terrible and fake.  I am not trying to review someones photoshop skills here by the way, but the point I would like to make is I would rather wait until closer to the time of a potential unveiling or release before accepting what the Golf MK8 may look like as even those pics which at first appear as they are likely to be genuine are most likely not at this point in time.   

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #138 on: 09 March 2019, 12:02 »

Same pictures in Autocar and they say it's got very little camouflage on and is virtually the finished car.

If you zoom in on the front and rear bumpers it’s clear that they are talking sh!te.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #139 on: 09 March 2019, 12:23 »
Two small bits on the rear bumper isn't exactly massively camouflaged. I would think the reflector lenses will probably be in that position.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.