Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2776096 times)

Offline canalmike

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8830 on: 27 August 2018, 19:03 »
Sorry if it's already answered - 884 pages is a lot to plough through....

Re OBD eleven the concensus seems to be to get the Pro version - and certainly there's a few tweaks I'd want that are not apparently on Apps.

But the coding seems complex as well as requiring German!

Yes, dotted around different forums and posts are instructions for different tweaks, but is there somewhere where ALL the coding instructions are listed? In one place? In English (or with translations of the relevant German)?

Cheers

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #8831 on: 27 August 2018, 20:08 »
had some fun... tornado red pretty sweet when clean  :grin: :grin:

« Last Edit: 27 August 2018, 20:11 by candywhite12 »
Wife's: mk8 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr atlantic blue, DSG, Norfolk 17", pan s/r, leds
Now: mk7.5 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr tornado red, DSG, Singapore 17", pan s/r, leds
Before: mk6 GTI 5dr candy white, DSG, Monza Shadow 18", s/r, bi-Xenons, DCC
Even before that: mk5 GT 5dr tornado red, manual, s/r

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #8832 on: 27 August 2018, 20:27 »

Re OBD eleven the concensus seems to be to get the Pro version - and certainly there's a few tweaks I'd want that are not apparently on Apps.

Yes, dotted around different forums and posts are instructions for different tweaks, but is there somewhere where ALL the coding instructions are listed? In one place? In English (or with translations of the relevant German)?

Cheers

Defo go for pro. Most coding can be located on the OBDEleven forum (not part of this site, their own site).
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #8833 on: 27 August 2018, 20:32 »

Cheers

Non pro will only let you use apps, pro will let you go into the modules themselves, in there are 2 codings, long coding where it’s in binary (but has known labels) and adaptions, where it’s lists of settings, yes some of it is in German but TBH it isn’t all that hard fella

Obdeleven forum or
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-obdeleven-vcds-tweaks/

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8834 on: 27 August 2018, 20:33 »

Cheers

Obdeleven Pro definitely the one to get, it gives you much more functionality than the non pro where you have to use apps.  It’s looks complex to the uninitiated but you quickly get to understand it and if you follow already tried and tested oding, you can’t go far wrong, even with all the German terms.

This is the definitive forum for obdeleven

http://forum.obdeleven.com

Also lots of tried and tested coding on VWROC and specific to Golf Mk7 and Mk7 facelift cars.  Threads with the word “coding” in the title are just that. 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/forum/84-obdeleven/
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8835 on: 27 August 2018, 20:53 »
Quick wash today. Really growing on me the Tungsten, lovely in the sun this afternoon.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline canalmike

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8836 on: 27 August 2018, 21:22 »
Thanks peeps.

On the OBD site (https://obdeleven.com/en/#xprtbestsellproductblock_1 )  I assume I need both the OBD eleven device at 39.99 Euros and the Pro Pack at 24.99 Euros?
Cheers

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #8837 on: 27 August 2018, 21:30 »
The obdeleven pack is just the dongle, the software is on the playstore(android tablet/phone needed) and the pro is just a code to open the software,
If your planning on getting it download the software now, regester, and open the software every day to start saving credits for apps (I don’t actually use them but can come in handy for stuff like mirrorlink in motion (MIM) and stuff you cannot code)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8839 on: 08 September 2018, 11:51 »
Stunning as ever Ms B!  :cool:
I think those near side on shots show the shine as it’s unbelievable best.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner