Author Topic: Help - engine trouble - mark IV GtiT  (Read 510 times)

Offline rhys1927

• Not said much yet
Help - engine trouble - mark IV GtiT
« on: 17 January 2008, 13:24 »
Hi,

Before I start, may I mention that I literally know nothing about car engines hence why im posting here.

Roughly 2 months ago my mark iv golf gti turbo (vv - 99 plate, 130k miles) started to play up when I was coasting at roughly 30-40 mph and in a high gear.

Basically the engine would stutter whilst driving and after putting my foot down, a few seconds and metres later the car would accelerate off (after more stuttering).

I have also now noticed that the engine is slightly stuttering when i start the car initially in the morning (sorry for the car lingo).

Before xmas I took it to my local garage, and they linked it up to all their diagnostic machines and found no issues at all.

So i decided to contact a vehicle tuner, who to his credit changed the 4 points / plugs (at least i think thats what they are - there are 4 of them anyway) and everything seemed fine.

I then got him to change my oil, and inserted the fuel tank cleaner product and oil cleaner product (which he suggested). This seemed to do the trick for roughly 3 weeks.

Now again the same problem has returned but in my opinion worse than before.

The vehicle tuner guy mentioned origially that if it wasnt the 4 points / plugs, it could be the injector.

Can anyone please advise me here, as I literally have no clue at all.

I love my golf and really dont want to replace it. I cant afford a newer golf gti at the moment, and would have to be a judas and buy another (crappy) make like a renault / ford - so please help!!!!!  :cry:

all help greatly appreciated.

Rhys

Offline Conker

• I live here
Re: Help - engine trouble - mark IV GtiT
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2008, 17:05 »