Author Topic: Simon's Golf.  (Read 32985 times)

Offline SI74

• I live here
Simon's Golf.
« on: 08 September 2010, 15:46 »
Hi all been on here a while and thought today it was about time i did a bit of a build thread on the cars.. Have spent most of this year working on the mk4 and got the 8v for driving over the winter then the other week a friend of a mate was looking to sell his VR6 it was offered to me for next to nothing so couldnt pass it up.. below is pic's of the mk4 build and what has been done to it so far. 

03 VW Golf GTTDI 130pd 80'000 miles.
Factory fitted cruise control.
Full winter pack consisting of heated seats, headlight washers, rain sensitive wipers and auto dim rear view mirror.

First pic of the car after i'd fitted some RC reps.

And now it has this lot done to it...

Chassis...                                                                           Interior....
Weitec coilovers.                                                                 Bora sports clocks.
Eibach ARB front and rear.                                                   R line gear nob.
Audi TT brakes, front 312mm and rear vented 256mm.          All blue interior lights
Genuine BBS CH 18"8j rims, Kumho Tyres                             W8 light
10mm H&R spacers on the rear.                                           R32 vents
Audi TT front bushes.                                                          Sporco Chrono road front seats
                                                                                         Black auto dim mirror
                                                                                         Pioneer HU
                                                                                         Full Anni black head lining

Exterior...                                                                           Engine...
Genuine Anni front and rear valance.                                    DSG intake pipe
Genuine R32 side skirts                                                       K&N panel filter.
Anni head lights with MK5 Golf bulb holder.                           ST3 chipped N.Ireland
Lupo 125mm wing mirrors.                                                  De-Cat Milltek down pipe.
Rear VW Sharan badge.                                                       Milltek cat back
Euro rear lights.
De-Handled rear boot door.
De-locked.
Rear wiper removed.
Front aero wipers.
Rear US bumper
Front US rub strip.
Indicators removed and relocated to rub strip.
MK5 Golf door rub strips.
Wind deflectors

Things to come....
TT Quick Shifter.
Dogbone Mount.
Re trim seat, door cards etc.
Bagyard air
New wheels

Some pic's of work being done etc

Thought this was a good picture. Lets you see how much bigger the Milltek is. Old exhaust is on the left new is on the right.

Some pic of the car as it sits now...

As always C&C welcome...

« Last Edit: 10 October 2014, 21:17 by SI74 »

Offline SI74

• I live here
Re: My Golf's MK4, MK2 vr6 and MK2 GTI 8v
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2010, 16:00 »
Fitted the US rear last week

And was off work on mon so ripped the rear seats out and made this

Will do till i get the money for the re trim

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2010, 16:04 »
Awesome work  :cool:
Is this picture from one of the VAGE shows in Fermoy?
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2010, 16:06 »
aye sure is mate from this year show the other week.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2010, 15:12 »
Sweet, I thought it looked like the spot where the Northern Ireland lads were this year. Car looked great on the day man  :cool:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2010, 15:15 »

That is one good looking car :afro:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2010, 23:53 »
Looking good  :cool: :cool:

Offline randomman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 14 September 2010, 14:23 »
Looks the dog's danglies mate! I need to convince the mrs to get a bigger car so I can get one and strip it out! Bet it goes pretty well with those mods too.

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2010, 16:05 »
Cheers lads, The rear was only a temp things but you can tell the difference that the back seats are out so mite keep it like that for a while.. Just order a few things for the engine bay and got some different wheels for the VR so will get pic up of them both at the w'end all being well..

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2010, 18:27 »
Pick these up the other day well happy with them.  Starting to think I should have just bought am Anni...lol