Author Topic: Complete integration!  (Read 3733 times)

Offline gossa

• I live here
Complete integration!
« on: 18 August 2009, 22:54 »
Just got Tomtom for iphone (released yesterday) and had a play today.

I have the RCD510, I installed the Fiscon bluetooth system and can report the Tomtom integrates seamlessly with the Fiscon.

I plug my iphone in, listen to my ipod but when sally satnav speaks the music cuts out temporarily and she comes through the car speakers.

Downside is gonna be when the Tomtom docking station is out, if I use the iphone as the satnav then I won't be able to plug it in to use as an ipod, although I have a few older ipods anyway so could use those for the tunes only.

Highly recommended though.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Complete integration!
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2009, 22:57 »
gossa, did you fit the Fiscon unit yourself? Was it straight forward to get to the back of the RCD510?
Did you search about for a decent price for the Fiscon? Or were they all a standard price?
cheers

Steven.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2009, 23:09 »
gossa, did you fit the Fiscon unit yourself? Was it straight forward to get to the back of the RCD510?
Did you search about for a decent price for the Fiscon? Or were they all a standard price?
cheers

Steven.

Yes, fitted myself, piece of pi55, took ten minutes.  You need to remove the head unit surround (round tipped cutlery knife is good), four torx head bolts and it's out. I already upgraded from a 310 so had removed it previously. It really is plug and play, you need a dealer to tick the phone box on vag.com but Fiscon give you all the details for that. Don't undo the power lead from the head unit or you'll need the pin code for the head unit.

As for price, the Fiscon Basic Plus was about £300 with the vat direct from Fiscon UK which was cheaper than the website but I think they might have mistaken me for a dealer when I called.

Great bit of kit, I already posted pics of functionality if you search.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2009, 22:52 »
Cheers.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Sebby

• Not said much yet
  • Golf VI GT TSI
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2009, 16:22 »
Good work, gossa! I also have (or will have soon) an RCD510 and hope to get the Fiscon for use with my iPhone 3G with  TomTom or Navigon. Am I right in thinking that you're listening to the music and the sat nav instructions over Bluetooth at present? Do you get the track names on the RCD510 and/or FIS?
Golf VI GT TSI 1.4 160PS, 18" Vancouver alloys, air conditioning '2Zone', luxury pack, winter pack, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, parking sensors