Author Topic: JJ Tyres, Upminster, Essex.  (Read 4422 times)

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
JJ Tyres, Upminster, Essex.
« on: 04 November 2012, 11:49 »
Hi all,

I have took my car to J&J tyres around a year now, It is a small outfit of garages in Upminster road, Hornchurch, Essex. For anyone who has never been there before its almost impossible to spot as it is down a small turning just past the station, Whenever I go in there though it is always busy which is always a good sign!

There is a couple of young blokes who work there who are very helpful and an older bloke who also a nice bloke.

I only really ever took my cars there to get my tires and tracking done, however recently took a car there and had the exhaust welded, a new thermostat, antifreeze and a lambda sensor fitted they called me up once the work was done and did it for a very reasonable price! I have had engine diagnostics done also before and they told me not to bother paying which I also thought was nice, seems as alot of garages will charge you just to clear a code (press a button lol)

I recently took my Golf there to get a quote to have the bottom of my drivers side door resprayed as there is a rust patch around 4 inches long and 2 inches high on the bottom of the door on the outside, I got quoted 160 to do the outside and inside of the door, the guy was very pleasant and I explained I worked long hours he said if I drop it in on a Friday morning he could do it by Saturday the next day for me.

All in all a good little genuine outfit which I presume gets most of its work through recommendation so I thought I'd give them some good rep on here :)

Sorry for the essay, Richard.

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
Re: JJ Tyres, Upminster, Essex.
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2013, 00:40 »
thanks for the info, good to know. approximately how much were you paying for tyres, balancing and tracking?

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2013, 17:01 »
I used blackcircles.com recently to book it into that garage for two new fronts!

I got Fakem's I think the name was which were rated quite well by the new government rating system, cost me 136 for the tyres fitted, balanced.

Tracking there's 25 quid.

Offline Metallix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2013, 09:45 »
By "Fakem" do you mean "Falken"?

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2013, 18:45 »
My bad yes I do!

I looked on balckcircles at all the different tryes rating: Wet grip etc and they had exactly the same rating as the 40 pound more expensive each continentals ! So thought they were the better option to go for, when I've done the fronts at the end of the month pay pack I might put a little review on how they grip etc :)

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2013, 20:26 »
I used blackcircles.com recently to book it into that garage for two new fronts!

I got Fakem's I think the name was which were rated quite well by the new government rating system, cost me 136 for the tyres fitted, balanced.

Tracking there's 25 quid.

25 quid  :shocked:

dunno bout new tyres but got a couple places this neck of the woods who do tracking for £12! i got a price the other day for two part worns, tracked and balance for £55

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2013, 17:16 »
12 pound where you live lol?! The cheapest I've come across is in east ham that do it for 20 quid but I use a fiver petrol getting there and back lol!

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2013, 19:28 »
12 pound where you live lol?! The cheapest I've come across is in east ham that do it for 20 quid but I use a fiver petrol getting there and back lol!

straight up. it could be a tyre purchase rate but it is what it is, £21 a tyre and (sorry) £13 tracked. + Vat ofc

Offline RichardBaronGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2013, 17:15 »
What a plonker, its not 25 quid tracking was thinking about this earlier, that's what they charge for part worns! doh. I haven't used this place for a while now have a new mechanic whos a nice chap and his workshop is at the gym I go which is convenient :P