Author Topic: What detailing haven't you done today?  (Read 21637 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What detailing haven't you done today?
« Reply #40 on: 15 September 2020, 20:59 »
You kept that quiet! White really suits it, looks great! How are you finding this over the last one?

Thanks! I did keep it quiet didn’t I :grin:. I didn’t say anything over on uk-polos.net forum either until I’d taken delivery (ordered mid Feb, collected last Wednesday, so nearly a 7 month wait). I’ve not had a white car for 24 years, and there’s only five colours to choose from with the GTI (Red, Black, White, Grey or Blue), so white it was.

I’m really liking it. No manual option for the Polo GTI, so this is the first non-manual car I’ve had in over 40 years driving. Compared to the previous generation car, this one is more refined, the ride is more compliant - even on the larger wheels, it’s better equipped and it’s noticeably larger; it takes up almost as much space in my small garage as my mk6 Golf did. It’s the ‘Plus’ model; Plus = lots of extra standard equipment over the normal GTI for not a lot more money, so going for the Plus was a no brainier.

Thought I’d have what might be one last blast in a normal ICE car before being forced down the electric route.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 17 January 2021, 20:57 »
Blimey, I just checked and the last time my car had a wash was the 11th of September :embarrassed:. I've got the odd day off here and there coming up over the next few weeks so fingers crossed the weather and my energy levels will be aligned :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 21 February 2021, 00:18 »
Really struggling to find any time to clean the car lately. I don't think it's been done since before Christmas! Weather doesn't help at all but with such a busy week working, I can't muster the energy to spend the necessary 6-8 hours cleaning the car on a weekend day. Can't wait for the evenings to get lighter!

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 21 February 2021, 11:20 »
Same here, I did get a wash in a few weeks ago which was the first since September! Only thing was my bloody pressure washer broke half way through snowfoaming :rolleyes:. It's been a bugger to fix too, I replaced a valve on the pump which has got it working but it then developed a leak in the lance. Replaced the seal on the hose where it attaches to the lance but it still leaked so I've had to order a set of seals for the lance now. Hopefully that'll sort it as my wheels are bogging and didn't get washed as they really needed a good spray, so they remain untouched since September :embarrassed:.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 21 February 2021, 15:30 »
Weather nice here today, rinse, snow foam, rinse, wash with Meguirs shampoo, dry and wax.

And then it rains😄
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.