Author Topic: crazy central locking  (Read 1167 times)

Offline bigpoppa81

• Not said much yet
crazy central locking
« on: 09 June 2005, 17:51 »
normally when i want to get into my mk2 i have to press the remote on the alarm fob and it beeps then it opens the doors and then i press a alarm key upto the dash to turn the imobiliser off BUT not now the central locking seems to be knackerd this is what happens:

when i press the fob to open the doors it doesnt open them, so when i press the alarm fob to turn it off it beeps but it doesnt unlock the door? so when i use the car key to unlock the door the alarm goes off? and when i get in and turn the alarm off with the key fob it just turns the alarm off for a second and then it keeps going, so the only way to get the car started and not have the alarm going off is to lock the doors from the inside?
when i press the drivers door pin down it locks all the doors like normal? but just not by the remote? please help!!!

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
Re: crazy central locking
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2005, 23:11 »
Check all your alarm fuses to start with obvious but overlooked!

Take of your drivers door skin a few screws on the edges and clips holding it in, have a look on the right hand side of the door there should be an extra locking motor fastened into everything somehow :D either by rods to the original vw actuator or locking pin these may have worked loose?

If not with the door open get a screwdriver and click the actual lock over so it is as if it's closed onto the door pin, take your remote fob and press it you should see the motor move up and down when you lock/unlock if it does but doesn't lock you might need to tighten it up a bit or adjust it, if not have a look how many wires it has it'll either be a 2 wire or 5 wire motor. Go to an autospares shop and buy a replacement plug it in and fix it in place and away you go.

If the above doesn't work post back up, cheers  :grin: :grin:

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08