Author Topic: questions for MOT wee bit urgent  (Read 7199 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: questions for MOT wee bit urgent
« Reply #20 on: 05 April 2011, 00:34 »
Hard luck...... the rest doesn't look too bad but fook me, effort with the indicators but alas you can weld so it looks like you sorted that out!  :cool:

Good luck with the retest,  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 05 April 2011, 00:35 »
The mk3 ones look good, will be even better in a smoked finish. :smiley:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #22 on: 05 April 2011, 11:02 »
Hate to say I told you so :grin:  Going by the pictures you've put a lot of work in, which should see her through the re-test :smiley:
Yeah that was talking to a an MOT tester too but I'd rather be able to put it in anywhere and be legal than have to know the bloke at the MOTO station. :smiley:

Hard luck...... the rest doesn't look too bad but fook me, effort with the indicators but alas you can weld so it looks like you sorted that out!  :cool:

Good luck with the retest,  :smiley:

Cheers dude, yeah was a bit gutting cutting out the smoothed wings i'd done but it has given me the opertunity to make the wings fit better, which should make lif easier when  it comes to respray time :smiley:

The mk3 ones look good, will be even better in a smoked finish. :smiley:
That's already in progress as the orange ones are too hideous for words, i'll pop up a few new pic's when i get them off my phone.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline mk2bal

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 05 April 2011, 14:19 »
You had welded up smoothed wings, and they still pulled you on it?! Gutted!! I'd have understood if you had big holes there and they were blatantly missing, but smoothed off, you'd expect it to be ok... Fuel pumps simple enough, if its snapped studs or something you can clean up where they were and re-weld a bit of 8/10mm stud to hang it off..

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #24 on: 05 April 2011, 15:01 »
You had welded up smoothed wings, and they still pulled you on it?! Gutted!! I'd have understood if you had big holes there and they were blatantly missing, but smoothed off, you'd expect it to be ok... Fuel pumps simple enough, if its snapped studs or something you can clean up where they were and re-weld a bit of 8/10mm stud to hang it off..

Yeah I was a bit gutted about that and that was how I interpretated. My mechanic guy said I'd done a great job and he hadn't even noticed that they weren't there. It was that particular MOT teste (deliberate spelling error) , he apparently went off and got his book to double check.  :rolleyes: Suspect the fact that the car is part primer may have played a part in it, made them look closer.

Not too sure about the fuel pump as it looks like it's been at the bottom of the sea for 20yrs. Secured with s/s cable ties for time being till I track down a mk3 one.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.