Author Topic: can anyone help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1718 times)

Offline aj69uk2002

• Just got here
can anyone help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: 09 February 2011, 01:06 »
hi i had a moment of madness just before christmas and brought a g plate mark 2 16v as i have always wanted to do a 1.8t conversion and i thorght that i could have a good christmas project. so i done the stupid thing and ebayed it with out even looking at it went and picked it up looked ok diddnt run but thorght not a problem as doing conversion. so i set to work over december getting all the parts i needed ect. it came to the day after boxing day and got the car to work and gutted it i mean stripped to bear shell so could repaint it first. bearing in mind i set out to get all painted running and moted by 2nd week in jan i am doing well as the shell still isnt in one pice :laugh:.never known rot this bad before :sick: any way when fitting the engine i am missing half the loom for the sensors in the engine bay dont suppose any one would have a wiring digram spare i could cast my eyes over. also if anyone has done this conversion before with an 02j box what front mount bracket did u use as i have got a mk3 diesel one and it sits at a funny angle any help would be great cheers anthony
oh ya keep up the great work top site for info

Offline Andy P

• GTI forum regular
Re: can anyone help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2011, 08:12 »
Have a look on clubgti.com mate. Loads of help on there for a quick fix!

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2011, 08:24 »
Great help. :rolleyes:

If you have a look using the search function, select the boxes for dubrides, project section, mk2, and garage, and there is a wealth of knowledge to trawl through regarding numerous 1.8T conversion on there. :smiley:

Offline aj69uk2002

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2011, 22:16 »
gone through loads and loads of pics of wiring i am not at work at mo if the haz switch is on the coloum is it ce2 cheers for you help

Offline Reasty

• I live here
  • Alpine white valver.
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2011, 22:30 »
Yes ce2 electrics has the hazards on the column and ce1 has the hazard switch on the dash.

Offline aj69uk2002

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2011, 16:09 »
Would any know what the green red wire is in the engine bay loom buy temp gauge wire I think it's oil temp but there is a green black one which my diagram says is oil temp does a mk2 16v have 2 oil temp  sensors cheers anthony

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2011, 11:22 »
red/geen is isv temp sensor, green/black is oil temp and goes to back of head
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline aj69uk2002

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2011, 12:57 »
Thanks for help rubber jonny I found that on one of the diagrams but I couldn't understand y it's in the engine bay loom I thought it would be in the engine loom unless this is for the test connection that it shows in the diagram it had a spade on it so I don't need it. on to next prob I have got to find somewhere to plug oil temp sensor on 18t engine happy hunting

Offline aj69uk2002

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2011, 13:06 »
Don't suppose it's jonny from walnut tree close is it

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2011, 13:52 »
nah not me :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.