Author Topic: VAG-COM fault 01276 - ABS unit repair in 10 easy steps.  (Read 29032 times)

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
Re: VAG-COM fault 01276 - ABS unit repair in 10 easy steps.
« Reply #20 on: 10 January 2013, 20:57 »
Yea. Undertray helps aero too. I would get some heatproof material and try to protect it a bit.

Ethier that or expansion tank is leaking over it.

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #21 on: 10 January 2013, 20:59 »
Flaming abs ey,mine has been faultless since t shirt sorted it,but last few days it been having a fit,light on ,light off ,light on,pump is kicking in making crazy noises without even touching the brake ,showing fault codes for rear right and left, handbrake light came on once for less than a second, looking like the ecu again,

Any one know what the values should be when testing each sensor with a meter im sure it was something like between 1 and 1.3 kohms is good,can someone confirm this.

Doing my head in now i'm getting scared incase it snows because the brakes are just to dodgey for that  :sad: wish i could just sort this! i'm going to try this tip on here and if that dosn't cure it i'm going to buy new everything for it and get it all fitted properly then it should work  :smiley:

How much is new everything mike  :grin: a lot I think .

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 January 2013, 21:03 »
ABS ecu circa £800  :shocked:

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #23 on: 10 January 2013, 21:16 »
Flaming abs ey,mine has been faultless since t shirt sorted it,but last few days it been having a fit,light on ,light off ,light on,pump is kicking in making crazy noises without even touching the brake ,showing fault codes for rear right and left, handbrake light came on once for less than a second, looking like the ecu again,

Any one know what the values should be when testing each sensor with a meter im sure it was something like between 1 and 1.3 kohms is good,can someone confirm this.

Doing my head in now i'm getting scared incase it snows because the brakes are just to dodgey for that  :sad: wish i could just sort this! i'm going to try this tip on here and if that dosn't cure it i'm going to buy new everything for it and get it all fitted properly then it should work  :smiley:

How much is new everything mike  :grin: a lot I think .

lol that was my angry side i wouldn't bother with new just maybe recon stuff from somewhere  :smiley: think i'm going to have a go at trying this guide at weekend see if it works for me as i have got my spare ecu open now  :smiley:

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #24 on: 10 January 2013, 21:23 »
I opened a spare and pretty much wrecked the lid.

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 10 January 2013, 21:28 »

I did that to my original one then chucked it in the bin. :sad:

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #26 on: 10 January 2013, 22:28 »

haha my lids still intact i have just wrecked the lip around it but nothing a good sealant wouldn't cure once i'm happy with the inside it will never be opened again  :grin: still not sure it is the problem as the contacts which are suggested to solder all look good and in contact still  :sad:

tshirt - can you see a visable defect with the solder if there is a problem when you do it? cheers

Mike

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 January 2013, 07:02 »
You can't really see a dry joint unless you use a magnifying glass. Even then you cant really tell.

You have to test the joints with a meter for resistance to be sure.

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
« Reply #28 on: 11 January 2013, 16:47 »
You can't really see a dry joint unless you use a magnifying glass. Even then you cant really tell.

You have to test the joints with a meter for resistance to be sure.

ok cheers mate  :smiley: