Author Topic: All you MK3 people with problems...  (Read 31417 times)

Offline dan832

• Not said much yet
Re: All you MK3 people with problems...
« Reply #60 on: 15 April 2008, 14:30 »
hi can you help me out ?

i have a mark 3 anniversary, hmmmm right, yesterday morning my car was fine, and thought the day of driving it round college and stuff it startd to jolt and make a real banging nosie as it did, pretty violent and shook the car, this happens whenevre i turn a corner say left or right ill get like 4-5 jolts asthough it doesnt want to move, then it will run for about 100 mtrs down the road then jolt again a few times.

i dont know if you can help me im emailing random dubbers to try shine some light on this problem

thanks

Dan

Offline dan832

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 15 April 2008, 14:31 »
oh and it does it whether the engine is hot or cold, its a 2.0 8v version.

Rob Needham

« Reply #62 on: 30 July 2008, 12:01 »
the joys! i have had many a problem since owning my first gti ( 2 months in) first i noticed it wasnt reving past 5000rpm! then the car started to stall while driving ( any speed any time ), then it wouldnt idle! ( still doesnt!! ) then just in case that wasnt enough every now and then the revs would suddenly drop off and you can hear a relay chattering away!, after a second or two it will be fine!!!
grrrrrrrr thiunking about selling to be honest!!!

had the car vag-com, errors that came up......air mass sensor, lambda probe and hall sender....
1st - investigated lambda probe, has been bodged in the past, one of the wires was broke.......fixed...wow!!! was like a new car for a day...reving all the way round and alot quicker...( lasted a day till it started to stall again and ever since then it wont idle or rev past the 5000rpm mark ) buying a new one friday from gsf...fingers crossed!!!

2nd - picked up a new air mass sensor and seal last night...fitted.... now will rev all the way round......beginning to confuse me now...but still wont idle...it will idle if i disconnect lambda probe tho?????? gotta be bust right?? 

3rd - changed relays 167 and 30, well thats done jaff all!!!

4th - gonna get vag-com next week after all the bits have been changed and see..... if its still knackered im gonna cry....

ShoCk

« Reply #63 on: 14 February 2009, 05:48 »
From my experience, the CRANK SHAFT sensor going which causes the car to cut out right after the engine is started ... this on the 16v ABF engine btw.

Offline mark95137

• Just got here
« Reply #64 on: 06 June 2009, 14:35 »

I really think it'd be worthwhile pitching in to make a FAQ (frequently asked questions) for this section..

like a troubleshooting guide of things to check...

a lot of people seem to be blindly changing expensive components only to find they don't cure the problem so I think it'd help those plagued by these annoying problems if you put all all your experience together.

Offline drippy

• Just got here
« Reply #65 on: 12 July 2009, 20:39 »
hello got a problem with electric window.it had broken so replaced regulator.great it was fixed apart from now the window works in reverseup goes down down goes up ,ok not to much of a problem ,but ive got thatchem alarm so when i press it it will make sure all windows are shut but the problem is now my window opens when the car is locked this way can anybody help with this problem :rolleyes: