Author Topic: STUPID CABS [long winded but i need advice]  (Read 3385 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: STUPID CABS [long winded but i need advice]
« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2007, 12:20 »
Also if you recline the passenger seat all the way back you go faster.

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #11 on: 13 September 2007, 12:21 »
That 'black gunk' is actually a low resonance high density bonding agent specifically designed for the purpose of adhesure of electro-acoustic transducers to surfaces where direct contact (i.e bolting / screwing) is unsuitable due to the likelihood of distortion through resonance when the crank is spinning at the natural harmonic frequency of the transducer diaphragm and voice coil. You just chopped off and threw away about 40 quids worth.

my dad said something similar on the phone.. i siad "i dont care dad the speakers didnt work anyway!!!"

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2007, 12:23 »
your dad talks a lot of bollox then, because that whole sentence was a pile of sh!te :laugh:

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2007, 18:14 »
your dad talks a lot of bollox then, because that whole sentence was a pile of sh!te :laugh:

:grin: :grin:

sorry, but that was well written considering it was shyte
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Dinky

« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2007, 18:39 »
Its cos he has nothing better to do...arh..
If you do get mega stuck..i can easy sent you over the electrics bit off this pdf, tis off a bentley manual...

Dinx :kiss:

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2007, 19:31 »

my dad was being sarky too. I'm not that stupid!!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #16 on: 14 September 2007, 08:41 »
That 'black gunk' is actually a low resonance high density bonding agent specifically designed for the purpose of adhesure of electro-acoustic transducers to surfaces where direct contact (i.e bolting / screwing) is unsuitable due to the likelihood of distortion through resonance when the crank is spinning at the natural harmonic frequency of the transducer diaphragm and voice coil. You just chopped off and threw away about 40 quids worth.

lol i love your dry wit!!!  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 14 September 2007, 08:43 »
wiring head units is  easy, just looks hard but its not at all! just take your time and make sure you have the right loom parts and some good connectors and a criping tool - you could solder them if you want a top job but fook that! lol  :wink:

just get some good speaker cable! good luck!
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 14 September 2007, 15:40 »
i only have speaks to wire up to the lom and i know which ones they are.. its the threading of the cable from the loom through the car to the doors thats my issue!!! lol... i can manage basic stereo wiring and putting in 2 speakers is no problem... i've got two wired up in the rear!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2007, 13:35 »
its not that hard, just strip all the gubbins off the door, there are holes to poke all the wires through! wouldnt take that long!  :smiley: