Author Topic: New Speed Cameras on the M5  (Read 4054 times)

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: New Speed Cameras on the M5
« Reply #20 on: 05 January 2007, 13:52 »
On the motorway would you be done for doing an average of over 70 or are you ok up to say 80 ? Anyone know ?
......now officially dubless.

Offline maximk2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 05 January 2007, 13:55 »
its usually 10% + 2mph so you should be able to get away with 79 I was asking some cops for directions once and they let me play with their handheld gatso which was rather fun and they told me that this is the usual allowance but its up to the local constabulary to decide.
sun, sea, sand + mk2 8v gti = fun

Offline mase

• Here all the time
  • mk3 madness!!!
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2007, 14:02 »
ive always thought it was 10% as well.... and bearing in mind most speedo's overread by about 10%, an indicated 80mph on the motorway in theory should be ok.  :rolleyes:
Quote from: Slick#13
I still see there is a distinct lack of b!tch tit getting outage.

...word

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #23 on: 05 January 2007, 14:22 »
Aye that's what I thought it was, but I also heard about a camera in Leicester that did someone for 31mph ! The response from the Police ? The camera is calibrated exactly so if you're doing 31mph, you're speeding. :shocked:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 05 January 2007, 14:23 »
I've spoken to loads of Police in the coarse of my job and when I asked they have all said they give 10% plus 2 mph so I think it must be some sort of unwritten rule for most cases, sadly the safety camera partnership are another matter  :angry:.. Gibby, good point mate, I do tell him not to speed but he just gives me the old "I was driving before you were a itch in my pants" type speech so its up to him  :wink: MaxiMK2 what car did you think I had  :huh:. Dubtastic they usually post the INOP within 14 days and as long as they can prove it was posted in that time its O.K if it takes a bit longer than two weeks to get to you, then they have six months to prosecute and give points for the offense.

Offline carl

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 05 January 2007, 14:27 »
On the motorway would you be done for doing an average of over 70 or are you ok up to say 80 ? Anyone know ?
if your in the camper i dont think you have a problem :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline maximk2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 05 January 2007, 15:37 »
Mini metro lol no sorry rover 100 think theyre called now! jus kiddin I knew but i was jus sayin why would you buy that car if you didn intend on goin fast in it!
sun, sea, sand + mk2 8v gti = fun

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 05 January 2007, 15:52 »
Oh  O.K. get the point  :wink:.

Offline Golf8vGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 05 January 2007, 18:17 »
My speedo certainly overreads, i ave a tom tom 510 and noticed the ova day as i was driving along my speedo was reading 80 but tom tom was saying 74. I was pretty surprised at that.

Offline mase

• Here all the time
  • mk3 madness!!!
« Reply #29 on: 05 January 2007, 18:24 »
My speedo certainly overreads, i ave a tom tom 510 and noticed the ova day as i was driving along my speedo was reading 80 but tom tom was saying 74. I was pretty surprised at that.

to be honest mate, i think thats pretty normal... if u think about the 10% over read thing, then an indicated 80 is only 72.... granted not all speedo's will be that inacurate, but even so... when u factor in a different rolling radius compared to standard it can all make a suprisingly big difference.
Quote from: Slick#13
I still see there is a distinct lack of b!tch tit getting outage.

...word