Author Topic: Halfords Flash Sale  (Read 3304 times)

Offline danj3000

• GTI forum regular
Halfords Flash Sale
« on: 23 July 2013, 16:25 »
Thought people might like to see this before they stop the sale - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_862443_langId_-1_categoryId_255215&cm_re=10cms+slides-_-Slide+1-_-120piece

Real bargain with this 120 piece socket set down to £59.99, just order myself one.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Halfords Flash Sale
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2013, 16:40 »
The advanced socket sets are half price more than they are full price :grin:

I got a 1/4" drive set a few months ago, should have been £50 and was reduced to £25. I then used my trade card and got it for about £12 :grin:

Offline Gelso

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2013, 08:43 »
Still, an nice deal though. I remember asking my wife once to get such a set for my birthday. She looked at me if I were completely insane, because 'who would want something like that for their birthday?'. I know, silly, right? Every man would want something like that for their birthday! Said that I could choose anything, going out on holidays, she even offered to buy me of of these luxury watches which she actually showed me here: http://www.chrono24.com/. It was a very tempting offer, one I couldn't refuse, so I was very excited to receive the watch on my birthday. And a few days later, I bought a socket set for myself anyway:)
« Last Edit: 25 July 2013, 14:40 by Gelso »
Golf GTI 2.0

Ricepop

« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2013, 09:04 »

I got a 1/4" drive set a few months ago, should have been £50 and was reduced to £25. I then used my trade card and got it for about £12 :grin:
The trade card cant be used with any other discount. You would have paid £12 with the trade card even if it wasn't in the sale.

Halfords can be a rip off but if you can get a trade card some of the discounts are awesome.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2013, 11:16 »

The trade card cant be used with any other discount. You would have paid £12 with the trade card even if it wasn't in the sale.

Halfords can be a rip off but if you can get a trade card some of the discounts are awesome.

I'll dig the receipt out and post a picture up to prove it ;-)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2013, 18:46 »
The advanced socket sets are half price more than they are full price ;D

I got a 1/4" drive set a few months ago, should have been £50 and was reduced to £25. I then used my trade card and got it for about £12 ;D

I'll dig the receipt out and post a picture up to prove it ;-)

Make sure there is some custard in the photo! :-X
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2013, 22:40 »
looks decent

what are the halfords tools like tho ?  decent quality ?

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2013, 22:50 »
Halfords professional range gets my vote :afro:

The lower range  :sick:

Offline Cerialkarpins

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 20 August 2013, 21:31 »
the advanced sets are great, lifetime warranty, it breaks u take it back, only thing thats not inluded is the ratchet in the actual socket, but then its a wear and tear item, you can get replacement internals of those anyway.

used to work for halfords the only thing that people ever returned were the breaker bars (and the ratchet) and u knew they put a scaffolding pole on the end, still replaced it anyway.

u cant get discount then a trade discount, the trade discount overrules any offers. trust me i tried every which way to try and get more money off. chances are it was a discountinued set.

and yes standard halfords tools are dogsh!t
« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 21:36 by Cerialkarpins »