Author Topic: dobby: project mk2 vr6 conversion... 90% done!  (Read 45487 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: andy's mk2 gti black 3 door 'dobby'
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2011, 11:04 »
Nice thread. Seems like its gunna b mint when its rebuilt. Bad luck bout engine going though

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2011, 17:30 »
got it back the other day, not allowed to take it over 4.5k for 1000 miles, and not allowed to let it sit and idle, but was told i can drive it normally :)

just a bugger i can't use all the revs, 200 miles down already though :P

only problem i have now is head unit wiring is screwed, plus the oil light will not stop flashing, it's flashed ever since i've had the car, all the oil pressure switches have been changed and the pressure is bang on in both the head and the bottom end, so there's nothing actually wrong with it, i think that the person i bought it off has mucked up the wiring when they put a pb engine in it, as it originally had a kjet.

spoke to a a big auto electrical company today and they said they won't touch it cause of the age... now i'm at a loose end as to what to do! :(

on a brighter note i back to blacked all the trim and fitted my undamaged front splitter, pics to follow when the bloody weather clears up  :laugh:

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2011, 17:35 »
You should go mate! We will all get pissed up and be best mates by the end of the weekend :D mk2 looks good! 8)

yeah man me and a few mates are definitely going now, will be good to meet a few faces from off here, btw your bora is lush!  :evil:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #23 on: 18 July 2011, 19:49 »
Sweet! There is quite a big local club called dubgeneration mate, meet every 2nd and 4th thursday of the month, jolly farmers pub near Tacolneston. Haha cheers, still loads I wanna do to it but but lacking funds!! Still really miss my black 3rd mk2 gti tho!

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 18 July 2011, 20:18 »
Sweet! There is quite a big local club called dubgeneration mate, meet every 2nd and 4th thursday of the month, jolly farmers pub near Tacolneston. Haha cheers, still loads I wanna do to it but but lacking funds!! Still really miss my black 3rd mk2 gti tho!

you serious mate? i live like 3 miles from the jolly farmers! how did i never know about this?!

yeah i'm in love with my mk2 aha got so many parts to fit though!  :nerd:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #25 on: 18 July 2011, 20:58 »
Yeah bud, true story. Or it might the 1st and 3rd Thursday I can't really remember :afro:

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 18 July 2011, 21:05 »
you usually go to the meets man? when the next one is you should drop me a pm with your number and i'll bring a couple of mates down and see what's crackalacking!  :grin:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #27 on: 18 July 2011, 21:23 »
Used to go every meet but with new job usually work Thursday nights. There is a meet this Thursday bud but it's my birthday so will be in no state to drive. They start at 7pm bruddah!

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 18 July 2011, 21:26 »
nice one man! happy birthday in advance fella. i take it you're bringing the bora to whitenoise?

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #29 on: 18 July 2011, 21:42 »
Cheers mate! Yeah il be taking it mate, never been to whitenoise before but I hears it's a really good weekend. Can always follow me and my mates down there if ya want as I'm only 3 miles from jolly farmers aswell :)