Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316600 times)

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #990 on: 15 June 2013, 12:12 »
Welcome Dully!! Look forward to hearing your 'Woes' in the next coming Days... Weeks... Months.... Years!!!  :grin: Hope you have better luck than the rest of us.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #991 on: 15 June 2013, 12:18 »
Welcome Dully!! Look forward to hearing your 'Woes' in the next coming Days... Weeks... Months.... Years!!!  :grin: Hope you have better luck than the rest of us.

Seems like he's already having better luck than the rest of us! :grin:

Welcome. :afro:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #992 on: 15 June 2013, 13:59 »
Just had it confirmed from my dealer that I have been allocated build week 28, week beg 8th July.  Anyone have any idea how long it will take from this date to the car being delivered?
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #993 on: 15 June 2013, 14:06 »
Just had it confirmed from my dealer that I have been allocated build week 28, week beg 8th July.  Anyone have any idea how long it will take from this date to the car being delivered?

Upto 4 weeks.  Might be faster.

That's a good result for you, fantastically early build when did you order?

Offline iainmac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #994 on: 15 June 2013, 14:49 »
I ordered Mid May.  So it's a beg August delivery for wk 28?  I had been told mid Aug when I placed my order so I am quite happy.
2008 GT tdi Sport, Reflex Silver, 18" Vancouvers. 
On Order: Mk 7 GTD 5 door manual, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiagos.

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #995 on: 15 June 2013, 14:56 »
I ordered Mid May.  So it's a beg August delivery for wk 28?  I had been told mid Aug when I placed my order so I am quite happy.

Not surprised if it's a dealer near the Western Isles. Supply and demand.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #996 on: 17 June 2013, 15:53 »
So, just had a call from the very nice man at the VW Executive Office - and some good news at last! Finally, I have a confirmed build week of 33. Although this is 5 weeks from my BW28, because if the 4 week factory shut down its actually only a 1 week delay. He's had it confirmed from Germany that all stock parts have been allocated to my car - so I'm looking at a mid September delivery.

This is some welcome news given the unconfirmed BW of 35 I was given on Friday.  Excitement now ramped up to the max again, let the 3 month wait begin  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #997 on: 17 June 2013, 17:03 »
So, just had a call from the very nice man at the VW Executive Office - and some good news at last! Finally, I have a confirmed build week of 33. Although this is 5 weeks from my BW28, because if the 4 week factory shut down its actually only a 1 week delay. He's had it confirmed from Germany that all stock parts have been allocated to my car - so I'm looking at a mid September delivery.

This is some welcome news given the unconfirmed BW of 35 I was given on Friday.  Excitement now ramped up to the max again, let the 3 month wait begin  :laugh:

When exactly does the factory shut down? If your was still BW28 that would have been built the week commencing 8th July therefore you would you not have received you car middle of August. It's my understanding that the factory shut down doesn't affect the shipment of the vehicle but I may be wrong

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #998 on: 17 June 2013, 17:20 »
Factory shut down is from BW29 to BW32 inclusive.  So if mine had been build BW28 ie. the week before the shut down then yes it could have been shipped regardless of the shut down.  But its been moved to the first week after the shut down, so a 4 week minimum delay ie. mid Sep.  This is unfortunate as I obviously wanted it to be built earlier, but I'll take 33 as at least its confirmed now, and given the hassles I've had as have others 33 is as best a result as I could have hoped for!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #999 on: 17 June 2013, 17:59 »
Factory shut down is from BW29 to BW32 inclusive.  So if mine had been build BW28 ie. the week before the shut down then yes it could have been shipped regardless of the shut down.  But its been moved to the first week after the shut down, so a 4 week minimum delay ie. mid Sep.  This is unfortunate as I obviously wanted it to be built earlier, but I'll take 33 as at least its confirmed now, and given the hassles I've had as have others 33 is as best a result as I could have hoped for!

Ok, understood. Well at least you now have a confirmed bw and also a nice clean factory for your car to be built in  :smiley: :smiley: