Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 320107 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #940 on: 14 June 2013, 08:32 »
I ordered the GTI Jacky Keyring.  However on you saying you could not see it anywhere, I just had a look online and....   

...Oh great it has now been taken off of VW Online Store.  Bloody marvellous.  I so want my GTI or anything I have ordered from VW but I am getting severely tempted to buy a Honda Type-R again next time after the GTI I have on order.  I have never known anything so vague. 

I am now going to ask for my money back from the VW store for the Key Fob and order it from USA. They have hundreds of the Jacky GTI Key Fobs in store.  Why is VW UK so ill equipped at present.  The GTI is such a potentially great car being tainted with uncertainty and vagueness of orders.

It's probably for best - the jacky key fob is way too big and bulky!  Plus the metal part gets scratched and also scratches stuff easily.  I want for a black rubber GTI keyring that shipped from Greece on eBay.  It's like the ED35 keyring, just not as spendy!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline jrc193

• Not said much yet
« Reply #941 on: 14 June 2013, 08:37 »
Just checked website and build week confirmed this am.Ordered via Drivethedeal 21/05 and dealer has been spot on with his forecast that I would know this week with delivery in week28. As I have ordered PP and DSG neither seem to have affected progress

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #942 on: 14 June 2013, 08:55 »
Just to update everyone on my GTD.

I called my dealer today to add the climate windscreen to my build. An hour later my sales guy called me back, saying that my car has been allocated a build slot, and unfortunately that they cannot make alterations at this stage. This falls in line with the courtesy call from him 11 days ago advising me it would be getting a build week soon.

My order tracker is still saying "Order Processing". So it might be that your guys' online tracker just hasn't been updated yet, as it seems mine hasn't.

My dealer told me a few weeks ago that orders are locked out for changes about a week before they will be seen as "build week confirmed" on the tracker.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Neil_MK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #943 on: 14 June 2013, 09:13 »
Build week 28 here and order status had changed to 'Build Week Confirmed' when I checked early this morning  :cool:

To be fair my build week has remained fairly constant at week 28 (apart from going BW27 to BW28 early on) and my dealer has always been proactive in giving me weekly updates.
Rejected - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - Hailstorm damaged (Ordered 24th April)
Rebuild on order - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - this time with Performance Pack - Confirmed BW40 (no hailstorms this time please!)

Offline simoor

• Not said much yet
« Reply #944 on: 14 June 2013, 09:15 »
Just checked this morning and mine is now "Build week confirmed", Placed my order at the end of March:

Type: GTI - DSG 3 Door
Colour: Oryx White
Options: Leather, Keyless entry

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #945 on: 14 June 2013, 09:20 »

So are we expecting estimated week 28s to be confirmed today then?? May report in to my salesman this morning....  :drool:

Have you checked the track my order website?

:cry: Crap!!! No change.... I give up...

Me too, so p!ssed off  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #946 on: 14 June 2013, 09:23 »

Mines still not confirmed either even though I was build week 28 last friday... Dealer wil be getting a phone call soon!!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #947 on: 14 June 2013, 09:28 »
Got an update from Lisa,

Apparently my estimated BW is changing a lot so she doesn't want to give me an answer that is invalid next week.  I pressed a bit and was told it is changing between 37 and 39.  Might come forward or might... (she left me to guess the last part).

Pretty disappointed to hear that, particularly the bit about 39.  I had been told 37 last time by my dealer, so I was hoping she was going to say something like it is varying between 30 and 36, not that what I was told by my dealer (which is already ridiculous) is now the "best case".

If when I ordered someone had said it would be October I'd have laughed in their face.  Not sure I can cope with it becoming November, which a BW of 39 is dangerously close to.  That would be over 7 months from order to delivery!  Its all the worse because some of us are getting their cars in the next few weeks and Lisa still can't give a reason why some are being built now and others don't even have a BW yet... the familiar refrain of "DSG" is getting thin. :angry:

EDIT:
I actually cannot believe VW have a 7 month lead time on DSGs.  Its obviously not that.  I should have pointed this out to Lisa but I was coming to terms with the fact that yet again another week has passed yet my BW has been pushed back by another two weeks.  At this rate by November I'll be looking at an estimated 2015 delivery.

Definitely not DSG when there are cars like the one my dad is now getting that is DSG - they should look into what they are saying rather than making up an excuse that clearly isn't true on the hope you won't know any better.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #948 on: 14 June 2013, 09:34 »

Week 32 now!!! Ggrrrrrrrrr!!! :cry:  :cry:

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #949 on: 14 June 2013, 09:38 »

Been told its the climate windscreen delaying it.