Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316636 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #760 on: 31 May 2013, 21:33 »
I had a call from my dealer and he stated wk 27 which is exactly what VW UK told me. Means im looking at delivery approx end of July. Still may change though
« Last Edit: 01 June 2013, 03:17 by CraigW »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #761 on: 31 May 2013, 22:04 »
Just had my dealer on the phone.

For some unbeknown reason my build week has dropped back to BW27 from BW26 and my dad's special order replacement is scheduled for week 30 apparently. Very apologetic about it all and gave my dad the option of taking the black one without paying for the metallic paint charge if he doesn't want to wait 5 weeks.

I'm guessing that this cock up with my dad's car has now screwed the allocation for Sunderland branch. now i'm second order (behind the black one) i'm guessing that's why I have been put back a week. I hope that under the circumstances my dad's replacement red one (just been given a new correct order number for it) isn't considered an allocation car that could affect mcmaddys build date negatively.
it had better fu**king not!!  :evil: I'm seriously pi**end off with the whole thing. total and utter cock up from day one. nothing we specify should hold up any build. they knew people would be ordering and they will have known or had a pretty good idea what popular options would be specced. I'm already on wk34 which is 8 past monkeyhangers dads and my order was 2nd. if they have fu**ed up at the dealership then that's not my fault so why should I be penalised!! I'm ringing tomorrow to cancel!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Nuggsy71

• Not said much yet
« Reply #762 on: 31 May 2013, 22:25 »
Popped into benfield at silverlink  tonight, they have the blue 5dr gti as a demonstrator, very nice. They might be clueless, but I was told if I ordered, delivery would be around September! I ordered mine from Pullman in durham on 6th may, and to be fair to them, they told me at the time, delivery would be about end of August / mid September. So all in all, if it arrives before then, I'll be happy. I was also told no orders for gtd would go on system until bw22.
All in all, yes I can't wait. But it's not unexpected!
This board is making me sleepless and irritable !!
Think I'll have to go to parents and pinch some of their pills.
Chill everyone. If we cancel orders, what else would you order? The skoda yeti? It's the best car supposedly!
Gone : Golf MKVI GTD 3DR Manual, Black Pearl -Also now Gone MKVII Golf Gtd 3DR DSG Pure White, Pro Sat Nav, Leather, ACC, Keyless Entry.
Gone : 5dr GTI DSG, PP, Leather, Keyless, Tech Pack, Tornado red
Current: Golf 7.5 Gti PP Indium Grey, Leather, Dynaudio, DCC, Climate Windscreen

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #763 on: 31 May 2013, 22:36 »
Problem is nuggsy I ordered mine on 2nd April a month before you and you've been told august/September. when I ordered mine I was told late June early July. so the fact I've ordered a month before you means f*** all. I would expect delivery of mine to be before yours but it looks unlikely seeing as though Sunderland appear to be totally inept at changing an existing order. I know its my first new car ever but the customer service/experience is shocking.

Offline Nuggsy71

• Not said much yet
« Reply #764 on: 31 May 2013, 23:05 »
Totally understand your frustration. information from everyone is total crap.
the amount of money everyone is dishing out, i work for a housebuilder, and if we treat customers like this we wouldnt sell anything!
who would buy a house not knowing the spec, does it come with a kitchen, how many bedrooms?

on another note, the gtd now has sales literature at the dealers. does anyone know what colour red the car is in the literature? its red and looks amazing!
Gone : Golf MKVI GTD 3DR Manual, Black Pearl -Also now Gone MKVII Golf Gtd 3DR DSG Pure White, Pro Sat Nav, Leather, ACC, Keyless Entry.
Gone : 5dr GTI DSG, PP, Leather, Keyless, Tech Pack, Tornado red
Current: Golf 7.5 Gti PP Indium Grey, Leather, Dynaudio, DCC, Climate Windscreen

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #765 on: 31 May 2013, 23:19 »
considering its the 2nd biggest purchase the majority of people will make besides a house VW's customer service is nothing short of total rubbish. why make people think they can have a car in June when in reality it's likely to be September. piss poor and nowhere near good enough!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #766 on: 31 May 2013, 23:33 »
Just had my dealer on the phone.

For some unbeknown reason my build week has dropped back to BW27 from BW26 and my dad's special order replacement is scheduled for week 30 apparently. Very apologetic about it all and gave my dad the option of taking the black one without paying for the metallic paint charge if he doesn't want to wait 5 weeks.

I'm guessing that this cock up with my dad's car has now screwed the allocation for Sunderland branch. now i'm second order (behind the black one) i'm guessing that's why I have been put back a week. I hope that under the circumstances my dad's replacement red one (just been given a new correct order number for it) isn't considered an allocation car that could affect mcmaddys build date negatively.
it had better fu**king not!!  :evil: I'm seriously pi**end off with the whole thing. total and utter cock up from day one. nothing we specify should hold up any build. they knew people would be ordering and they will have known or had a pretty good idea what popular options would be specced. I'm already on wk34 which is 8 past monkeyhangers dads and my order was 2nd. if they have fu**ed up at the dealership then that's not my fault so why should I be penalised!! I'm ringing tomorrow to cancel!!

The rogue order that was my dad's is now 1st in the queue. If changes are made and that bumps the car then I really don't understand why what was order 3 (after yours and mine) is now at the front of a queue of 4 when it has changed once itself (colour from TR to DBP). Officially mine has had the same change (exact opposite, from DBP to TR), although due to the cock-up I think mine has changed later from DBP to TR than what was my dad's car TR to DBP (in error).

Trouble with all this is that officially there is nothing wrong. They'll argue that a car isn't late until it has been allocated a build week officially that hasn't been met. Some lucky sod is going to get the DBP one with almost no waiting. Pulman Sunderland are keeping the order and will most likely sell it with no discount due to the lack of waiting time for it. Mick was very apologetic but did reiterate a few time that it was the admin lass who cocked up and it's the first time she has done so. Must have been confusing for her to deal with 2 orders that have the same name against them (my dad has the same full name as me).

Didn't get any offers of goodwill apart from my dad having the option to take the black one at no extra cost for the paint and then the red one would become a stock car instead.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #767 on: 01 June 2013, 09:43 »
maybe the black one will be a demonstrator? I'm not blaming Mick its just piss poor all round from VW. the mis information and bullsh** ordering is the worst I've ever come across. it still says on sale June and when I ordered was told end of June early July. September isn't acceptable.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #768 on: 01 June 2013, 15:35 »
maybe the black one will be a demonstrator? I'm not blaming Mick its just piss poor all round from VW. the mis information and bullsh** ordering is the worst I've ever come across. it still says on sale June and when I ordered was told end of June early July. September isn't acceptable.

From what Mick said they'll get it in to sell at full sticker price and someone will take his hand off for it to avoid the wait. All my dad would've had out of the compromise was getting the pearl paint he didn't ask for, for nowt - even that was subject to Mick's manager's approval. We need some people ahead of us to make some changes to their car and push them down the queue behind us! Maybe that's how some cars can be bumped up the queue as all the change people get bumped back.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #769 on: 01 June 2013, 16:49 »
but if it goes on dealership allocation then somethings gone wrong somewhere. wouldn't surprise me if Durham have bumped our orders for customers there.