Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 317979 times)

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #670 on: 29 May 2013, 12:23 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

Hi Guys,

I sent an email to my dealer on Friday requesting an update on delivery.

Anyway, having being orginally given a week 33 build, I am now told it has been brought forward to week 27, however they stressed it cannot be confirmed until probably week 22. Roll on the next two weeks !!!

I hope for once that this is right and all orders have been moved forward now VW have pulled themselves together.

Just had an email from my dealer who tells me my gtd is now confirmed for a week 26 build !!!
Not too sure if its on the tracker yet, but very much doubt

Hope so, my current build week for my GTD stands at 37!!
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #671 on: 29 May 2013, 12:23 »
Ordered my GTI on 3rd May from Vindis St Ives Cambs. Just been given provisional BW38, dealer did say this would change but did not say in which direction, better not be any longer.

Ha, you're just up the road from me!  I've been given provisional wk37 (different dealer though) wonder which of us will be first to get ours?  :tongue:

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #672 on: 29 May 2013, 12:37 »
Ordered my GTI on 3rd May from Vindis St Ives Cambs. Just been given provisional BW38, dealer did say this would change but did not say in which direction, better not be any longer.

Ha, you're just up the road from me!  I've been given provisional wk37 (different dealer though) wonder which of us will be first to get ours?  :tongue:

Yes noticed that, think you must work near the science park if you can see Vindis Cambridge. Did ask the St Ives branch if they had a demonstrator yet but no so still have not seen one in the flesh.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #673 on: 29 May 2013, 12:40 »

Yes noticed that, think you must work near the science park if you can see Vindis Cambridge. Did ask the St Ives branch if they had a demonstrator yet but no so still have not seen one in the flesh.

Yep, I'm on the Science Park.

In other news:
I just send VW a long (unfortunately) email with some very specific questions designed to settle some of the confusion we're having, particularly over the wide range of BWs people are being told with no obvious reason what causes a longer wait or even if the information can be considered reliable.

If they respond I'll post here together with my list of questions.  I've asked if they can be as frank as possible as I hate it when companies just give a canned or vague answer or disclaimer and don't understand why that is the single worst thing they can do from the customer's perspective!  Lets see if they take my point or not...

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #674 on: 29 May 2013, 13:10 »
Just been told bw27 by VW UK but subject to change

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #675 on: 29 May 2013, 13:18 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

Hi Guys,

I sent an email to my dealer on Friday requesting an update on delivery.

Anyway, having being orginally given a week 33 build, I am now told it has been brought forward to week 27, however they stressed it cannot be confirmed until probably week 22. Roll on the next two weeks !!!

I hope for once that this is right and all orders have been moved forward now VW have pulled themselves together.

Just had an email from my dealer who tells me my gtd is now confirmed for a week 26 build !!!
Not too sure if its on the tracker yet, but very much doubt

You ordered yours the same day as mine and im week 34-36. Having driven the gti demonstrator last night I cant wait until september for delivery!!!!!!!!!!!! Im wondering if some orders are parked at week 34 on the system but will change when uk production gets into full swing.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #676 on: 29 May 2013, 13:35 »
So, this is interesting.  Asked my dealer when their demo is due.  He says he does not know, and hasn't had any information.  This backs up the issue with the BWs - if the dealer itself hasn't even been told when they are getting a demo (and thus getting it later than other dealers), then this implies that the build time on their allocation for customer orders will be later than other dealers too.

I think this is the issue, in which case there is fook all I can do about it.  It seems its just bad luck based on the dealer itself.  And obviously this is not information that VW would want the early buyers to know, otherwise you would order from some and not others.

Annoying, but I feel at least there is some explanation and its not just random shizzle going on in the VW order system computer!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #677 on: 30 May 2013, 08:26 »
Just had an update from my dealer, I was originally build week 28, now I have been put back to 35.

Very SAD!!!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #678 on: 30 May 2013, 08:43 »
Just had an update from my dealer, I was originally build week 28, now I have been put back to 35.

Very SAD!!!

Did the dealer tell you what the 7 weeks delay is down to? Dealer made an optimistic guess on BW for your order which has proven to be way off? Did you change your order at all?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #679 on: 30 May 2013, 09:13 »
He does not know why and I have asked him, he is going to try and find out.

I did change the specification quite a bit, but nothing Drastic, car started out as:

GTI Performance (Manual)
Pearl Black
Dynaudio
Winter Pack

To:

GTI Performance (Manual)
Oryx White
Dynaudio
Park assist.

Could be the park assist?