Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 319079 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #660 on: 29 May 2013, 10:59 »
We need to get consistency here - "by week 22" is very different "from week 22".  Might be pedantic, but the latter can mean any time from now until they actually start building your car.  Agreed it's annoying and I don't understand it either, but I'm sure that in my case, swapping specification a few times can't have helped my cause.

My dad got his build week notification last Thurs (as did a few others), which was still officially week 21. there's a contradiction. I took it to mean "from BW22". If you are BW26 you'll hear in BW22, BW28 you'll hear in week 24 etc.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #661 on: 29 May 2013, 11:02 »
Bear, I was told by VW that from BW22 I would be given a confirmed BW.  As of yet I have not.

Additionally, I think the question that needs to be answered is why, with MY2104 cars being built from BW22, are we all having to wait for our cars (for a minimum of a month from this date) to be given a build week, having ordered as soon as the order books opened.  In short, I do not understand why myself (and others) having ordered early, weren't given BW22 slots.  :angry:

Matchboy: Might be worth asking whether your order is 1st with your supplying dealership. If not then that would add some credibility to my "allocation order" theory. If you are first in line at your dealership and haven't been bumped back by order changes (have you made any?) getting a build week beyond BW28 makes no sense at all.

Matchboy... i have been assured that i was the first order from my dealer back on 29th March but my unconfirmed BW from VW UK is 34!!

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #662 on: 29 May 2013, 11:05 »
Matchboy: Might be worth asking whether your order is 1st with your supplying dealership. If not then that would add some credibility to my "allocation order" theory. If you are first in line at your dealership and haven't been bumped back by order changes (have you made any?) getting a build week beyond BW28 makes no sense at all.

I was the first order with my dealership, and they are part of a very large group.  My dealer has confirmed to me that I will be the first GTI (other than the demo) that they receive.  I've not made any changes to my original order.  And I haven't specced a panoramic roof!!  So, how is my car BW28??  Makes me angry just thinking about it!!  :angry:

Bear, when I was told by VW that from BW22 orders will be given a confirmed BW, they couldn't give me even an estimated BW for mine.  Said their systems wouldn't allocated any BWs until 22.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #663 on: 29 May 2013, 11:05 »
Matchboy... i have been assured that i was the first order from my dealer back on 29th March but my unconfirmed BW from VW UK is 34!!

WTF that is outrageous!!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #664 on: 29 May 2013, 11:07 »

MkVIIIGTD: You might be the exception to that (theoretical) rule if you're not being treated the same as mainland UK for dealer allocation/build weeks. I'm sure there's someone here from Jersey who's also an early order placer who faces a long wait like you. Might be a knock on to you in the same way as UK has had to wait a while after Ireland for order allocation scheduling.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #665 on: 29 May 2013, 11:12 »

MkVIIIGTD: You might be the exception to that (theoretical) rule if you're not being treated the same as mainland UK for dealer allocation/build weeks. I'm sure there's someone here from Jersey who's also an early order placer who faces a long wait like you. Might be a knock on to you in the same way as UK has had to wait a while after Ireland for order allocation scheduling.

I live in Hertforshire, there shouldn't be any knock on effects lol  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #666 on: 29 May 2013, 11:15 »

This is exactly what I want to try to get some clarity on.  As far as I am aware MkVIIGTD made the first order anywhere in the UK.  Ok, I'm sure there were others but his must be very high up in the grand scheme of things.  So why is he not BW22?  Or why not BW26 like many others are?  Why BW34?

To my mind this could mean one of two things:
  • Something other than 'first in line' affects the date, e.g. which dealer you order from.  Can't be spec as we've ruled most options out as having any affect whatsoever.
  • Unconfirmed BWs have no correlation whatsoever with whatever confirmed BW we each end up getting.  In which case its basically misinformation.  Perhaps they never anticipated we would get together and compare them so inconsistencies were not thought to be a priority to fix, or may be they can't control the inconsistencies.

I'm trying to understand what information can be trusted/what the process is, not what the specific results are.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #667 on: 29 May 2013, 11:39 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

Hi Guys,

I sent an email to my dealer on Friday requesting an update on delivery.

Anyway, having being orginally given a week 33 build, I am now told it has been brought forward to week 27, however they stressed it cannot be confirmed until probably week 22. Roll on the next two weeks !!!

I hope for once that this is right and all orders have been moved forward now VW have pulled themselves together.

Just had an email from my dealer who tells me my gtd is now confirmed for a week 26 build !!!
Not too sure if its on the tracker yet, but very much doubt
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #668 on: 29 May 2013, 12:10 »
Just had an email from my dealer who tells me my gtd is now confirmed for a week 26 build !!!
Not too sure if its on the tracker yet, but very much doubt

If you get week 26 (as I have been told for my GTD), i'd expect to see a tracker change to "build status confirmed" by the end of the week.

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
« Reply #669 on: 29 May 2013, 12:18 »
Ordered my GTI on 3rd May from Vindis St Ives Cambs. Just been given provisional BW38, dealer did say this would change but did not say in which direction, better not be any longer.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.