Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316692 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #650 on: 28 May 2013, 14:11 »
I spoke to VW UK again there now... I ordered on 28th March, confirmed order 4th April,,, order number 2318**** and they have again given me an UNCONFIRMED build week 34!!!  :angry:
Ordered GTD DSG, with few options, but nothing out of the ordinary... don't understand why other guys here have been given BW26-27 with orders fairly similar to mine.
The girl went away and checked for me and she seemed to know what she was talking about. When i asked her why she said the VW may have earlier BW but they havent schduled them yet!
Wish VW would get their act together and sort it out!!  :cry:

Perhaps your location is a deciding factor? VW might be treating Northern Ireland (and maybe places like channel Islands, Isle of Man etc) differently from mainland UK?

I'm similar.  I've contacted VW to enquire what they can tell me about my order.  Dealer thinks wk37, which was revised from wk36, which was after an initial estimate of around wk30-31...  some similar orders to mine seem to have estimates in the order of wk26-28, but its unclear what change to BW a small difference in spec might make.  My analysis suggests any particular option can result in a low BW, so therefore not cause a delay.  But its far from clear.

I'm ordering from Warwickshire btw.

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #651 on: 28 May 2013, 14:42 »
There just seems to be no reason and VW UK cant seem to give me a reason why other cars similar spec ordered around same time have build weeks. So much for there all BW will be allocated on Week 22!!

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #652 on: 29 May 2013, 09:59 »
So much for there all BW will be allocated on Week 22!!

A massive slice of VW bullsh!t.  According to them everyone who'd ordered early should be given a confirmed BW by week 22 ie. Monday just gone.  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #653 on: 29 May 2013, 10:21 »
A massive slice of VW bullsh!t.  According to them everyone who'd ordered early should be given a confirmed BW by week 22 ie. Monday just gone.  :rolleyes:

The only thing I was told in relation to week 22 was the switchover to MY14 spec.  Nothing was said around a confirmed BW being given by week 22 (assuming inclusive here).  We are still in week 22 though, so it's entirely possible for that to happen, but I somehow doubt we'll hear much over the next week or two.  Would love to be proven wrong!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #654 on: 29 May 2013, 10:33 »
Guys,

I'm preparing a (hopefully short) list of questions to email to VW to try to confirm/deny some of our theories as to why there is a wide variation in estimated/confirmed build weeks.  Would be really helpful to know if they have ever stated that week22 would result in many of us getting confirmed BWs or if we have just kind of assumed that without them saying it.

Can anyone point me to a statement by VW in the hour or so?  If not I won't include this as one of my questions.

FYI my other questions aim to establish:
  • Do dealers have allocations such that similar cars ordered on the same day from 2 different dealers can be given builds months apart?
  • Can a change made bump an order down the queue as mcmaddy/monkeyhanger guess has happened to them?
  • Can we actually rely on estimated build weeks to be approximately correct, or is it the case that orders with estimates months apart will end up being the same week when we get closer?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #655 on: 29 May 2013, 10:41 »

The only thing I was told in relation to week 22 was the switchover to MY14 spec.  Nothing was said around a confirmed BW being given by week 22 (assuming inclusive here).  We are still in week 22 though, so it's entirely possible for that to happen, but I somehow doubt we'll hear much over the next week or two.  Would love to be proven wrong!

I don't think everyone that ordered early was ever going to be told they would be allocated a firm build week by week 22 (even if VW UK operatives gave that impression). I think that is the point from which we'd start to see ealry UK builds confirmed.

I strongly believe (from the info that Bear has analysed) that your place in a dealership's allocation queue is a big consideration as to when your car will be built. Ordered week 13 but 2 others ordered before you at your supplying dealership then you're probably going to get yours built way after someone ordering week 18 who is first order in at their supplying dealership.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #656 on: 29 May 2013, 10:46 »
Bear, I was told by VW that from BW22 I would be given a confirmed BW.  As of yet I have not.

Additionally, I think the question that needs to be answered is why, with MY2104 cars being built from BW22, are we all having to wait for our cars (for a minimum of a month from this date) to be given a build week, having ordered as soon as the order books opened.  In short, I do not understand why myself (and others) having ordered early, weren't given BW22 slots.  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #657 on: 29 May 2013, 10:52 »
Bear, I was told by VW that from BW22 I would be given a confirmed BW.  As of yet I have not.

Ok, this is good.  When they said that what was your estimated week?

Additionally, I think the question that needs to be answered is why, with MY2104 cars being built from BW22, are we all having to wait for our cars (for a minimum of a month from this date) to be given a build week, having ordered as soon as the order books opened.  In short, I do not understand why myself (and others) having ordered early, weren't given BW22 slots.  :angry:

Yes, I've been wondering that.  I'm not sure if I will ask though.  I see it as secondary to the wider question of 'when will we get info we can trust' and the question of 'why the huge variation in estimates for effectively identical orders'.  If I ask too much or too hard a question I think they would just throw out a canned response so I want to avoid that.  Also I'm not sure there will be an answer of any use to why not BW22.  I suspect the answer would just be something like 'because of factors we're not going to go into' and that wouldn't tell us anything we don't know so it would be a wasted question.

I'll mull it over a bit more though.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #658 on: 29 May 2013, 10:53 »

Matchboy: Might be worth asking whether your order is 1st with your supplying dealership. If not then that would add some credibility to my "allocation order" theory. If you are first in line at your dealership and haven't been bumped back by order changes (have you made any?) getting a build week beyond BW28 makes no sense at all.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #659 on: 29 May 2013, 10:54 »

We need to get consistency here - "by week 22" is very different "from week 22".  Might be pedantic, but the latter can mean any time from now until they actually start building your car.  Agreed it's annoying and I don't understand it either, but I'm sure that in my case, swapping specification a few times can't have helped my cause.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep