Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 318102 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #640 on: 28 May 2013, 12:22 »
Getting an early order number doesn't necessarily put you at the front of the queue. Someone with 2317xxxx but was 3rd in the line for their dealership (like HA54SYM) could get their car a lot later than someone with 2323xxxx if they were the first order for their dealership - allocation per branch seems to be quite a big deciding factor, more important than purely order number I would guess.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #641 on: 28 May 2013, 13:00 »
Think you have to put it in to context also.

How many GTi's have been ordered on here?, how many mk6 GTi's do you see on the road? - Only a few.

How many people will wait until now, to see a demo and then decide to order, can't be that many ordered blind like us.

Then lastly think how many RHD GTi's will they build in a week!

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #642 on: 28 May 2013, 13:10 »
I spoke to VW UK again there now... I ordered on 28th March, confirmed order 4th April,,, order number 2318**** and they have again given me an UNCONFIRMED build week 34!!!  :angry:
Ordered GTD DSG, with few options, but nothing out of the ordinary... don't understand why other guys here have been given BW26-27 with orders fairly similar to mine.
The girl went away and checked for me and she seemed to know what she was talking about. When i asked her why she said the VW may have earlier BW but they havent schduled them yet!
Wish VW would get their act together and sort it out!!  :cry:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #643 on: 28 May 2013, 13:11 »

Then lastly think how many RHD GTi's will they build in a week!

Dave

This is an excellent point.  When you think about this in that context I'm surprised we're getting them this year!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #644 on: 28 May 2013, 13:13 »
I spoke to VW UK again there now... I ordered on 28th March, confirmed order 4th April,,, order number 2318**** and they have again given me an UNCONFIRMED build week 34!!!  :angry:
Ordered GTD DSG, with few options, but nothing out of the ordinary... don't understand why other guys here have been given BW26-27 with orders fairly similar to mine.
The girl went away and checked for me and she seemed to know what she was talking about. When i asked her why she said the VW may have earlier BW but they havent schduled them yet!

Perhaps your location is a deciding factor? VW might be treating Northern Ireland (and maybe places like channel Islands, Isle of Man etc) differently from mainland UK?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #645 on: 28 May 2013, 13:17 »
Order starts 2318 I do trust the dealer know them pretty well they have 3 GTIs on order various specs all builds mid to late weeks 30.Their own demonstrater is I think week 32 they do expect builds to be moved forward as no confirmed build weeks are logged on the VW system .

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #646 on: 28 May 2013, 13:30 »

Perhaps your location is a deciding factor? VW might be treating Northern Ireland (and maybe places like channel Islands, Isle of Man etc) differently from mainland UK?

I've ordered a GTD like you from the same dealer and have an unconfirmed build week of 33. Ordered later than you on 9th April.
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #647 on: 28 May 2013, 13:40 »
In all honesty, as interesting as all this speculation and research is, it won't make my car get built any faster.  I'm almost at a point now where I simply don't care any more!  Until the car is actually being built, build weeks can fluctuate for any number of reasons, so if it really is going to be week 38 for me, so be it.  I'll take that as worst case, and any sooner is a bonus.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #648 on: 28 May 2013, 13:46 »
In all honesty, as interesting as all this speculation and research is, it won't make my car get built any faster.  I'm almost at a point now where I simply don't care any more!  Until the car is actually being built, build weeks can fluctuate for any number of reasons, so if it really is going to be week 38 for me, so be it.  I'll take that as worst case, and any sooner is a bonus.

I've started telling people my new car is coming in September, it's helping my mental state  :laugh:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #649 on: 28 May 2013, 13:49 »
I've started telling people my new car is coming in September, it's helping my mental state  :laugh:

Same, being saying September/October - helps that a big part of my job is managing peoples expectations, so the least I can do is manage my own!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep