Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316691 times)

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #580 on: 22 May 2013, 21:27 »
Mallusk I will have to keep an eye out for you around Belfast  :smiley:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline blueheaduk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #581 on: 22 May 2013, 22:11 »
How long do you have to stare at this track my order website before the status changes to build week confimed? My eyes hurt  :cry: :cry:

Maybe I've misread a few posts but I don't think anyone has website confirmation yet! Just info over the phone from dealers/VW UK

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #582 on: 22 May 2013, 22:27 »
Valenni & mk7gti were you able to get any decent discount out of agnews? They wouldn't play ball with me at all for a 5dr GTD DSG with a lot of extra kit for either a cash sale or trade in (offered a ridiculously low trade in value on my 3YO GT TDI DSG which has been serviced with them for its life). Basically the only thing they were willing to discount was gap insurance (still way overpriced).

Found Boucher really pushy to close the deal and really pushing the PCP deal. Getting a few emails from the salesman still.

Ended up buying across the water (at dealer near family over there) at the weekend being approx £5k better off with decent deal and a realistic private sale price (fingers crossed).
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #583 on: 22 May 2013, 22:43 »
I have to say I was happy with my deal. I tried Edwin Mays but they couldn't compete. To be fair you will find Agnews have probably sold their allocation for the next few months hence the harsh line on price.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #584 on: 22 May 2013, 22:43 »
Mallusk I will have to keep an eye out for you around Belfast  :smiley:

Yeah, just don't be racing me.  :cool:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #585 on: 22 May 2013, 22:45 »
Valenni & mk7gti were you able to get any decent discount out of agnews? They wouldn't play ball with me at all for a 5dr GTD DSG with a lot of extra kit for either a cash sale or trade in (offered a ridiculously low trade in value on my 3YO GT TDI DSG which has been serviced with them for its life). Basically the only thing they were willing to discount was gap insurance (still way overpriced).

Found Boucher really pushy to close the deal and really pushing the PCP deal. Getting a few emails from the salesman still.

Ended up buying across the water (at dealer near family over there) at the weekend being approx £5k better off with decent deal and a realistic private sale price (fingers crossed).

To be very honest, I looked around the main site in the UK and Ireland and they were all pretty much the same. Maybe because I ordered so late? (By that time they were running out of allocation)?

Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #586 on: 22 May 2013, 23:58 »
I have to say I was happy with my deal. I tried Edwin Mays but they couldn't compete. To be fair you will find Agnews have probably sold their allocation for the next few months hence the harsh line on price.

yep prob right about their allocation. Think I must have gotten lucky at the english dealer. Tried a few other dealers over there and no discounts to be had
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #587 on: 23 May 2013, 10:23 »
Hi Everyone,

Emailed my dealer yesterday just to confirm that the changes i'd made to my spec had been done.

I got an email back with the following image attached, confirming my spec. But also with build week info, Week 37!!!

Just to advise how far off the mark this is, my order confirmation from the dealer stated mid August delivery. With the possibility it may go back 'A few weeks'.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2013, 10:29 by OF1 »
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #588 on: 23 May 2013, 10:28 »
Hi Everyone,

Emailed my dealer yesterday just to confirm that the changes i'd made to my spec had been done.

I got an email back with the following image attached, confirming my spec. But also with build week info, Week 37!!!

Seems to be saying you are week 37, but were originally week 39.  Just remove "2013" from the start of the number.

Sorry for the bad news. Is it a GTD or did you grab a sunroof?  I have a theory that sunroofs and GTDs are delayed until around week 36 ish.  But there are some major inconsistencies and I'm still low on data points.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #589 on: 23 May 2013, 10:29 »
Yes it's a GTD, no sunroof however.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack