Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 317983 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #480 on: 16 May 2013, 21:55 »
Spoke to the execs office today..GTD's will be built in August, no sooner, and that was always the plan. Misleading advertising?

What's the point in making them in august? Everyone will just wait until september for delivery. pi** up and brewery come to mind!! Not everyone has ordered a gti and the soon as VW realise this the better. Website still says on sale June and that's what VW told me today.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #481 on: 16 May 2013, 23:06 »
Spoke to the execs office today..GTD's will be built in August, no sooner, and that was always the plan. Misleading advertising?

That's depressing news that ROO :cry:

What and who is the 'Execs Office'?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #482 on: 17 May 2013, 07:58 »
I can't see why VW would want to make gtd customers wait until august. If the orders are placed then make them, just makes economic sense.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #483 on: 17 May 2013, 10:01 »
I'm gonna engage in some wild mass guessing now and suggest we shouldn't believe anything they say no matter the source! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I think the GTDs and GTIs will probably arrive about the same time despite what they say and that this will be approximately August for the first bunch.  I'm not expecting mine before September.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #484 on: 17 May 2013, 10:24 »
September delivery is good for me - part ex-value is guaranteed and I save up a whole chunk of cash in the meantime!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Stocks23

• Just got here
« Reply #485 on: 17 May 2013, 10:33 »
I think we can safely say Our GTD's will be arriving September at the earliest. Out of interest when you say your part ex price is guaranteed, is this something you have in writing from the dealer?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #486 on: 17 May 2013, 10:41 »
As I mentioned in a previous post, my GTI is currently being built as we speak. I ordered it on April 8th. The dealer had ordered a GTD for stock/demo about 2-3 weeks before that and they tell me that the GTD is still "processing". It hasn't yet been allocated a build week!
This would tally up with you guys on here. It would seem that GTD orders are slower than GTI's.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #487 on: 17 May 2013, 10:44 »
I think we can safely say Our GTD's will be arriving September at the earliest. Out of interest when you say your part ex price is guaranteed, is this something you have in writing from the dealer?

Yes, I have my order written down and signed by myself and the finance manager, which clearly states what they are giving me in part-ex.  They work on a 3 - 4 month lead time when valuing the car, but it's not my issue if it takes them much longer.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #488 on: 17 May 2013, 10:47 »
As I mentioned in a previous post, my GTI is currently being built as we speak. I ordered it on April 8th. The dealer had ordered a GTD for stock/demo about 2-3 weeks before that and they tell me that the GTD is still "processing". It hasn't yet been allocated a build week!
This would tally up with you guys on here. It would seem that GTD orders are slower than GTI's.

Yes but you are in Ireland. (you lucky ba5tard!) :tongue:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #489 on: 17 May 2013, 10:48 »
I did the same with Gryzor and made sure that part of the "deal" was that they honoured the part Ex price given to me in April for my Scirocco, no matter when the GTD arrives (August, September etc.). They are taking the risk that Scirocco price won't drop too far below what they can make money on, but to be honest that's their problem not mine.

And yes, I certainly have this in writing, even to the point where the dealer informed me that the deposit amount I would have to pay on the GTD would drop as I would have made additional payments on the Rocco in the meantime so my collateral in the car keeps increasing the longer they take to deliver the GTD.

It really is to their benefit to deliver my GTD ASAP to realise as much profit as possible on the Rocco.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras