Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316764 times)

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #380 on: 10 May 2013, 23:31 »
I got my build date today. I called my dealer for something else actually.

It is Week 36 (September 2, 2013   to September 8, 2013)

She said that my build week was initially in week 40 something week (I can't remember now), so its been pushed forward. She said it takes about 4 - 6 weeks from then.

I'm looking at early October 2013 I reckon.

Have you ordered a gti?

Yes a GTI, DSG. Sorry I didn't say. Actually I had ordered my car with a local dealer on 28th March, and was promised delivery in July. But then I got a really good dealer with another dealer and so cancelled. I ordered with the better deal dealership end of April, basically a month later.

I knew I would have to take a hit on the delivery time, but I saved around £1650 more.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #381 on: 10 May 2013, 23:31 »
For those who have "got" a build date it would be useful to know when you ordered it, what equipment you have ordered and whether it is a GTD or GTI. Could be that GTIs are coming later than GTDs (or vice-versa), or maybe certain colours (Oryx White?) or equipment (Sun Roof?) hold things up. There may be a pattern to it, or it may be completely random.

I was just thinking exactly the same. Could be dealer allocation that means people are getting wildly different dates and obviously we need to remember that more than just us on here could have ordered gti's/gtd's. I think myself and maisbitt could be one of the exceptions as we both know when and how many cars have gone from our dealer.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #382 on: 11 May 2013, 08:30 »
Want to start another thread to collect some info?

Suggestions:
  • GTI/GTD
  • Order date
  • Estimated build week
  • Confirmed build week
  • Order x/x from dealer if known
  • Options, especially if DSG, satnav, paint

Anything else?

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #383 on: 11 May 2013, 08:44 »
Just had e-mail from dealer saying

I have  now been given a provisional build week of week 25, which is late June.  Assuming this doesn't change I would imagine the car will be here for late July.

I don't know if after all these forum posts, I can hold any faith in that.
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #384 on: 11 May 2013, 08:49 »
I still can't see how dealers can be giving build weeks when it appears VW in Germany haven't decided yet. 25 sounds promising though.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #385 on: 11 May 2013, 09:11 »
If my dealer hasn't heard anything by the start of week 23 and the tracker isn't updated with a build week by then i'll be on the phone to VW UK to see if they can shed some light. So what else will we have to talk about for the next 3 weeks?  :laugh:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #386 on: 11 May 2013, 09:21 »
When my Audi A1 was 12 weeks late I got it for 17200 instead of 20500. Depends on your negotiation skills I guess

Depends on the circumstance of your lateness and Audi being more interested in keeping UK customers happier than VW are.

Our GTI/GTD aren't officially late until they fail to arrive within a set period from allocated build week (i'm guessing somewhere in the region of 6 weeks?). As none of us have had an officially confirmed build week (visible on the tracker or a document that says what or build week - I don't consider a conversation with a VW UK rep over the phone to be "official") then they can't be held viable for lateness.

Was your A1 12 weeks later than a confirmed delivery date? With the level of discount given it sounds like Audi sanctioned that rather than the dealership. £3300 off a £20.5k car amounts to about 70% of a dealership's profit in the car. I would guess that 12 weeks late (corresponding to average lead time on a car) implies that your car was wrecked or considered unsuitable somewhere down the line and you got a new one built from scratch, or Audi somehow lost your order. Good result either way.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #387 on: 11 May 2013, 09:26 »

Suggestions:
  • GTI/GTD
  • Order date
  • Estimated build week
  • Confirmed build week

Anything else?

Why not just update the spec thread with the additional information? Are you just talking about the first 4 digits of the order number as i don't think i want to put the whole of my one on the interweb? :huh:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #388 on: 11 May 2013, 09:28 »

Suggestions:
  • GTI/GTD
  • Order date
  • Estimated build week
  • Confirmed build week

Anything else?

Could just add the extra details to the spec thread as it has most of the other info on your list?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #389 on: 11 May 2013, 09:30 »

Suggestions:
  • GTI/GTD
  • Order date
  • Estimated build week
  • Confirmed build week

Anything else?

Aye, lets get it done. I would have a separate options and colour category.

I would expect Oryx White to be by far the rarest colour and most likely to cause a delay, followed by Limestone Grey (not seen one on the road or in the dealerships on a standard MK7 and Night blue (maybe no impact, it's not that rare on a standard MK7, although there probably won't be many GTI/GTDs with it.

Options that I would expect would potentially delay the build are Sunroof, ACC (will be a far more popular GTI/GTD option than standard MK7, but still comparatively rare), lane assist (can't see many MK7 owners across the range stumping up £520 for it). DSG if there are any known current supply issues (my dealer implied there aren't when I considered this on my dad's car).