Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316621 times)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #100 on: 30 April 2013, 20:16 »
I ordered today and they said by august, if it ends up being that late I'll wait until Sept to register.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #101 on: 30 April 2013, 20:23 »
I can't comment on how much truth there is in this... but...

When I ordered mine (08/04) the dealer said they had four allocations for GTI's for June, the first of which I got. That further allocations would be given to them on a 'as and when basis', as of yesterday they said they'd taken orders for seven in total now but don't expect any further orders to be delivered before the end of the year.

Yeah, my retailer said that they typically get around 8 or 9 GTI allocations per year.  At the time of placing my initial order, I was the first one to order a Mk7.  I got told today that it would be around August, so I'm just going by that in terms of my expectations.  Gives me 4 months to save up insurance as Jimble said, and a cash buffer in bank before the payments start!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #102 on: 30 April 2013, 23:29 »
they said they'd taken orders for seven in total now but don't expect any further orders to be delivered before the end of the year.

Ouch.

I ordered today and they said by august, if it ends up being that late I'll wait until Sept to register.

You can do that?  Won't the dealer do it automatically as soon as the thing arrives their end?  Surely they won't want to wait, they want your MONEY!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #103 on: 30 April 2013, 23:37 »
they said they'd taken orders for seven in total now but don't expect any further orders to be delivered before the end of the year.

Ouch.

You can do that?  Won't the dealer do it automatically as soon as the thing arrives their end?  Surely they won't want to wait, they want your MONEY!

If you want to leave it till sept you can just agree with the dealer upfront, mine was ordered as the books opened with the agreement that i'll take it sept 1st, originally it meant it'd be sat in the dealer compound for a couple of months but since i added the PP who knows?? :'(
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #104 on: 30 April 2013, 23:41 »
I might well ask my dealer about this then.  I really want it now, but then those 63 plates and some extra cash would be real nice.

EDIT:
On the other hand, if it arrives early August and I know its there how long before I crack and tell them I'm coming to get it? haha

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #105 on: 30 April 2013, 23:47 »
I might well ask my dealer about this then.  I really want it now, but then those 63 plates and some extra cash would be real nice.

EDIT:
On the other hand, if it arrives early August and I know its there how long before I crack and tell them I'm coming to get it? haha

That's the problem, I've said if it arrives in AUG then I'm waiting for '63' but if it arrives earlier then I am sat on that tartan as soon as possible.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #106 on: 01 May 2013, 05:26 »
Haha, this is one dilemma that I'm happy to say I don't need to worry about!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #107 on: 01 May 2013, 07:02 »
When I paid my deposit which was before Easter I said 63 reg please. When I found out they couldn't fax my order off until the tues after the bank hol I said I will take it ASAP (JUne she said). At least then I know I keep my place in the queue and they don't give my car to someone else who wants one earlier. I wonder if this ever happens if an identical car is ordered??
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #108 on: 01 May 2013, 11:42 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 01 May 2013, 11:45 »
WOW

Just had a call from my dealer who tells me my GTD has been allocated build week 33.

Thats Mid august, so I'll be lucky if I get it by end of september.

Gonna wait and see what the website tells me to see if they have been told duf info yet again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

Ouch, hope they're wrong and you get it sooner.