Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2759844 times)

Offline laney456

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11020 on: 27 January 2021, 15:34 »

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #11021 on: 27 January 2021, 15:41 »
Very tempted as a puddle light in the door and would be very practical (reminds me of the old Mk4 days).

Can I ask does, that mean you literally just take off the current red reflector and there are wires behind which you can plug the loom into and that's it if you have the illuminated sill?

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline laney456

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11022 on: 27 January 2021, 15:46 »
Very tempted as a puddle light in the door and would be very practical (reminds me of the old Mk4 days).

Can I ask does, that mean you literally just take off the current red reflector and there are wires behind which you can plug the loom into and that's it if you have the illuminated sill?

No... so firstly you need to establish if you have illuminated door sills.

If YES - The Door Ecu is already active and this is why you need the wiring harness they supply
If NO - If means the Door ECU needs re-coding to activate the power supply.

But I was told the fitment instructions cover both scenarios and he provides full technical support.
The have full images and look quite simple... the difficult bit is if you need to re-code the door ecu but again he can provide contacts of people (at least in UK) who can do that for you.

But either way the door pad comes off ... but the instructions tell you exactly how to do it.
I think some even have videos

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #11023 on: 27 January 2021, 15:50 »
Ive tried today to locate the noise im hearing at low speed coming from the drivers side door area, like a creaking noise , only hear it when creeping at low speed... weird and slightly annoying
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11024 on: 27 January 2021, 16:19 »
Ive tried today to locate the noise im hearing at low speed coming from the drivers side door area, like a creaking noise , only hear it when creeping at low speed... weird and slightly annoying

Dry door seals?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #11025 on: 27 January 2021, 16:38 »
I thought that but the other day gave them a coat of gummi and thats not solved it  :rolleyes:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #11026 on: 27 January 2021, 17:17 »
I wrote a how to guide on fitting puddle lights way back in October 2015..

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-retro-fit-the-door-exit-warning-lights-from-the-vw-passat-2013.326032/

I used the Passat LED ones, but as the cable connector comes out from the top I had to "shape" the door pockets. The older Golf (non-LED) version don't have that cable connector location, so are easier to fit.

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11027 on: 27 January 2021, 17:49 »
I changed the rear badge on my indium grey 7.5 from the standard black/chrome to grey/black

Before (old pic cos i forgot to take one today):

After:

The car needs a bit of a clean for us to be able to properly appreciate it so will get this done later tomorrow methinks :)

Gloss black rear badge was from AliExpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33060061037.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.578d4c4d823vPR

Indium grey underlay was from EZMods
https://www.ezmods.co/product-page/ezm-badge-inlays-underlays-for-vw-golf-mk7-5-r-gti-gtd-gte-rear-badge
2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #11028 on: 27 January 2021, 18:00 »
^ Looks ace! They don't have white silver :( I've wrapped my badge in Carbon Fibre effect, but it's not very well done if you look closely, and the inside part is still black so it kind of looks like a hole haha, I never got round to wrapping the inner. Perhaps now I won't have to!

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #11029 on: 27 January 2021, 18:30 »
Fitted these GTI puddle lights to my Mk7.... what do you think?

Looks great, been missing the puddle lights my Mk4 had.
I think I'll need to get a set, just loathe the idea of pulling the door apart for the installation..

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500