Author Topic: ENGINE CODES EXPLAINED +EXPECTED POWER FIGURES FROM FROM RE-MAPPING A 1.8 TURBO  (Read 61746 times)

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
sorry to be a n00b but that benefits me in what way?

I had a ARZ engine, now got an AUM and long story short which is the better and why?
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
i don't have the time or inclination to write an explanation of how an engine works, google will sort you out if you're interested in that. so lets just label it a performance gain and leave it at that :grin:

so yep, AUM is more tunable than your old ARZ.

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
LOL!

Fair play dude  :laugh:
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline k5 dave

• Not said much yet
Re: WHAT POWER FIGURES CAN I EXPECT FROM RE-MAPPING MY 1.8 T?
« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2007, 05:21 »
Also, my car is the AGU engine, & was re-mapped to the figures you see in my signature when it was completely standard.
Hi, Can you tell me how much you paid for your blue flame exaust and where you got it from, Is it loud or discreet, As im trying to keep mine in stealth mode  :wink:, Ive done the first stage with revo now going for 2nd stage hence the advice, Anything you can suggest will be helpful. Thanks Dave

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
Also, my car is the AGU engine, & was re-mapped to the figures you see in my signature when it was completely standard.
Hi, Can you tell me how much you paid for your blue flame exaust and where you got it from, Is it loud or discreet, As im trying to keep mine in stealth mode  :wink:, Ive done the first stage with revo now going for 2nd stage hence the advice, Anything you can suggest will be helpful. Thanks Dave

Re. the Blueflame, I think 'resonated' (silenced) centre section is the term you're looking for here, as manufacturers tend to save the word 'discrete' for the tailpipe design i.e. hidden & pointing down like the OE exhaust.  I've got the resonated system on mine.  It's a tad louder on tickover (not a lot, though) & gives a nice deep noise when you're booting it (not chavvy or OTT), but can be a fraction boomy on the motorway at 4k+ revs, but only a fraction - The missus can tolerate it, so it can't be that bad, LOL!! :grin:

I paid £225 + £25 fitting at the factory, but this was about a year ago.  Sadly, the price has risen a little since then.  >>>  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270121636420&rd=1&rd=1

Blueflame are the official suppliers of OE exhausts to Bentley, Lotus, TVR & Westfield, BTW. :cool:

I'd also look at the Forge Diverter valve, the sports cat, the 312mm brake set-up & some decent springs. :smiley:

ps  I'm toying with the idea of selling my Blueflame, atm, would you be looking for a new system?
« Last Edit: 25 May 2007, 23:21 by Ivor Mk4 Turbo »
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline k5 dave

• Not said much yet
Sorry m8 i bought the blue flame yesterday  :rolleyes: will be with me wednesday  :drool:. Would have bougt yours if i had known  :rolleyes:. How about the filter what one are you using, As im trying to get it right as the car is going in next thursday for revo 2nd stage. And was recommended exhaust and filter. Cheers Dave

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
I went for the Pipercross panel filter, which is foam & essentially, non-oil based, as we all know what the oils do to our MAF's!!!  Can't honestly say I notice any difference, but who could tell an extra couple of hp (if there was any extra hp??)??!!  :grin:

ps  Before you get your stage 2, don't forget the OE cats are very restrictive on VAG cars. :wink:

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Offline k5 dave

• Not said much yet
Hi i've just ordered a blue flame exhaust from the cat back, Can i use a cat bypass instead of a sports cat, Or( have you got a sports cat you want to sell ) instead.

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
You can 'de-cat' if you like, however this is not legal (on the road) & you won't pass the MOT emissions test with the de-cat, either. :wink:

ps  Sorry, I haven't got one to sell - I've somehow resisted the urge....... so far.......  :tongue:

Offline k5 dave

• Not said much yet
Thanks ivor i will keep you updated of my quest  :wink: