Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627447 times)

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1020 on: 27 October 2013, 17:39 »
Hoovered inside, wiped down leather, cleaned out & hoovered boot, cleaned tailpipes, cleaned under bonnet, tyres checked, oils and water checked. Going for a late night blast later  :wink:
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #1021 on: 27 October 2013, 19:47 »
Amazed the alliy subframe didnt take a battering as its one of the lowest parts. Unless it hit the suspension bottom arm instead.

Yes I think the flat of the rock went under the car 1st, hence no damage to the splitter, from there it must of rolled over and scraped the under tray, it's hit the rear of the suspension arm were the walk kit joins the body and lifted the car as it's all marked thankfully no damage except a few scrapes,
As you say if it had hit the ally subframe it would of been a different story
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1022 on: 27 October 2013, 20:27 »
Amazed the alliy subframe didnt take a battering as its one of the lowest parts. Unless it hit the suspension bottom arm instead.

Yes I think the flat of the rock went under the car 1st, hence no damage to the splitter, from there it must of rolled over and scraped the under tray, it's hit the rear of the suspension arm were the walk kit joins the body and lifted the car as it's all marked thankfully no damage except a few scrapes,
As you say if it had hit the ally subframe it would of been a different story

very lucky Neil, i had a similar incident with a house brick in the scirocco, turned out this damaged the sump slightly which was not visible until car deposited oil in an underground car park, subframes are tough as old boots as i have my rocco one in the garage

Offline fentshire

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1023 on: 28 October 2013, 17:24 »

Sat at my desk in Vienna, Austria praying my GTI is still in one piece. As it has been parked in the Long Stay Car Park at Gatwick for over three weeks. And I fly back to blighty on Wednesday night and hope it starts first time!
it will start it's just the door dents that would worry me  :embarrassed:

Got back to GTI at Gatwick late last night. So pleased there were no door dents, started first time. Then a hearty midnight drive round the M25 and up the M40, back home

Just filled up with petrol. About to drive to Brittany in France for a week. Was going to catch Plymouth to Roscoff ferry tonight, but it was cancelled due to hurricane etc. So making a night trip of it by catching 1.23am Le Shuttle and then driving thru the night to destination. About 500 miles in France. I will put some Miles Davis on and chill...

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1024 on: 29 October 2013, 18:26 »
I have part ex mine for a 12 plate leon fr+ diesel 170

Loved my gti for the short time I had it but due to changing roles at work meaning I would be travelling across the region I had to go diesel.

I do have a pipercross air intake for sale in the mk6 for sale section.

Thanks
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1025 on: 29 October 2013, 18:57 »
just got back from offshore to a minting GTI.

washed mine today - probably the worst its ever been!

all clean now though! :rolleyes:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1026 on: 29 October 2013, 19:39 »
Took it for a blast over the Snake Pass and the Upper Derwent Valley twisties.  Tons of fun, spectacular scenery.   It's a bit dirty now  :evil:

Kent's roads are going to be sooo boring after this :sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #1027 on: 30 October 2013, 07:45 »
snow foamed for the first time and washed it on monday.  took it for a service yesterday, parted with 300 pounds, got back home and hid myself under a pillow for 6 hours  :sick: it's the flu i got by washing the car bare-chested so now the wife is getting back to me by refusing to stay at home and take care of me  :angry:
Wife's: mk8 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr atlantic blue, DSG, Norfolk 17", pan s/r, leds
Now: mk7.5 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr tornado red, DSG, Singapore 17", pan s/r, leds
Before: mk6 GTI 5dr candy white, DSG, Monza Shadow 18", s/r, bi-Xenons, DCC
Even before that: mk5 GT 5dr tornado red, manual, s/r

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1028 on: 30 October 2013, 08:08 »
Snow foamed, clay barred, polished, sealed and 2 coats of wax ready for winter, just need to put the winter wheels on, which may be soon as the tempreture has really dropped lately.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Marshy

« Reply #1029 on: 30 October 2013, 19:49 »
Traded mine in and picked up my Audi S3 :grin: